Mixing regular channel videos with gaming content

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Hi,

So, what do you think about adding gaming videos (let's play or whatever) to a channel which deals with a certain content ? Does it make sense ? Assuming the person is a gamer. Thanks.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Rust Quick Electric

THE Rust Electricity Channel
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi,

So, what do you think about adding gaming videos (let's play or whatever) to a channel which deals with a certain content ? Does it make sense ? Assuming the person is a gamer. Thanks.
I've been having a hard time deciding this as well. On my channel I have been strictly uploading informational videos regarding a single aspect of the game I play, and I would love to start doing actual game play. My issue is that I am concerned if I start uploading material that is not true to the original nature of the channel I will lose people that subscribed specifically for the education.

I figure the best method is trial and error and if it backfires, you can simply delete the new content and regress to what you were originally doing.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, what do you think about adding gaming videos (let's play or whatever) to a channel which deals with a certain content ? Does it make sense ?
Depends on what your content is. If you focus on for example comedy skits, gaming might be a bit of a stretch, but if you focus on the comedic part you still have overlap. If you do beauty or vlogging, it might be too different.

On my channel I have been strictly uploading informational videos regarding a single aspect of the game I play.
Since you already have games on your channel, game play isn't too far of a stretch. Maybe make it a series of at least give it a distinct name, so your subscribers immediately know it is a different type of video. If your audience is interested in game facts, maybe include this in your game play. Tell them tips and tricks about the game your playing.

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I feel like you can upload that sort of stuff, but you gotta ease your subs into that kinda content. Like, you gotta start with the one video, see if people like it, and if they do, start uploading it a little more, (still less than your main content).

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Could you just upload the gameplay videos into a new playlist? Like have one playlist for your normal content and then have a new playlist for the games?

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Could you just upload the gameplay videos into a new playlist? Like have one playlist for your normal content and then have a new playlist for the games?
I could just do that. My channel already deals with 2, 3 subjects, so what would happen if I add another gaming videos to the mix, that's the question.

Reactions: Frontier Forge

ItsMeJackP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Nothing wrong with being eclectic! Like you said, you already cover different things in the videos you've uploaded so far, so there's no reason you can't add another type of video to that list :) If someone stumbles across your gaming vids, they might keep watching your stuff and learn about the Quran!