Minimum Video Requirement to Apply for YPP??

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was recently told by @TeamYT on Twitter that I don't have enough videos on my channel for the review team to start a review despite my Monetization Account Status being eligible to reapply for monetization & meeting the 4k watch time hrs...They said to continue uploading more videos for the review team to have more to go off of to make a determination... this was all via twitter as I've yet to reapply again from my actual monetization page....Given I only have 5 videos due to deleting majority of my preexisting content, I understand their stance... I've yet to receive an exact answer after numerous attempts though to find out what's the minimum video requirement...the only answer I received is that if I have 4k hrs I can reapply at anytime but that would obviously be a wasted reapplication as they clearly stated when checking out my channel url that I didn't have enough videos. I simply want a minimum video goal if that makes any sense to aim for before I reapply. What would be a safe minimum to reach before I try again?? For the record I've reapplied once w/only 4 videos after being demonetized & it was processed but unfortunately rejected due to the reason I was initially demonetized being "reused content"..Mainly due to the fact I didn't change the videos to meet the latest guidelines...I plan on changing my video format though & adjust to the latest monetization guidelines for all of my future projects but have no clue how many videos I need to publish before I submit my application again. I want to know a good minimum, not an ideal amount...just the bare minimum. I suppose since YT won't give an exact figure that it means there's not a minimum but that I simply have too few videos at the moment. So I realize we can only speculate at best but regardless any suggestions appreciated. Personally I'd like to aim for 10 videos or so as its going to take alot of time to create them & $$ as well & I'd like to get ads back up & running before investing into tons of projects...I honestly don't think I can afford to create many more than that until I'm reinstated & compensated for my work w/adsense revenue..I also realize its no guarantee I get reinstated but I'm confident I've formulated a plan to do so if I can just figure this out.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

was recently told by @TeamYT
Who is TeamYT? Is that official YouTube support? If not, you should take what they say with a pinch of salt.

The official criteria for monetization are outlined here - https://youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2018/01/additional-changes-to-youtube-partner.html (no mention of number of videos)

Having said that, as a YouTuber, you should be making regular videos anyway. It's always good advice to be uploading regularly but I don't think it's a criteria for monetization.

Reactions: GlobalDayz

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Indeed, that is the official YT support on Twitter that many creators whom of which were demonetized successfully had the channel remonetized same day...although it's mainly due to their followers tweeting @ the same handle to demand their favorite channel be reinstated or something to that degree that get them a successful review..tyvm for the link. :up:
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Who is TeamYT? Is that official YouTube support? If not, you should take what they say with a pinch of salt.

The official criteria for monetization are outlined here - https://youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2018/01/additional-changes-to-youtube-partner.html (no mention of number of videos)

Having said that, as a YouTuber, you should be making regular videos anyway. It's always good advice to be uploading regularly but I don't think it's a criteria for monetization.

Reactions: Crown

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know of a specific number of videos being required in addition to the YPP requirements but I'm not surprised that they are being cautious.

I started a new channel and with only a couple dozen videos, I might pass the threshold in under 90 days. I might wind up in the same boat as you with 'not enough videos' so we'll see.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@trumpdayz

When you deleted all but 5 of your videos, you deleted the watch time for all of them too. So @TeamYouTube is correct; you no longer have the watch time to qualify for review, and must build your channel back up to 4000 hours in the past year before the channel review team will even look at your channel.

In addition, it's suggested that for a good content spread for the reviewers to look at while considering your channel as a monetization candidate, one should have uploaded a minimum of 50 to 200 videos total.

Reactions: Bruman

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
@trumpdayz

When you deleted all but 5 of your videos, you deleted the watch time for all of them too. So @TeamYouTube is correct; you no longer have the watch time to qualify for review, and must build your channel back up to 4000 hours in the past year before the channel review team will even look at your channel.

In addition, it's suggested that for a good content spread for the reviewers to look at while considering your channel as a monetization candidate, one should have uploaded a minimum of 50 to 200 videos total.
I have the hours because of 1 of the videos I kept has 900k+ views or so...but Yikes 50-100 videos for a weekly uploader would be certain death LOL..that's what i'm aiming for due to the production time it takes me to complete a video, 1/wk max. Welp 2021 here I come :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2: But no seriously I'll aim for a dozen then try again & repeat process if denied..I think I can I think I can

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I have the hours because of 1 of the videos I kept has 900k+ views or so...but Yikes 50-100 videos for a weekly uploader would be certain death LOL..that's what i'm aiming for due to the production time it takes me to complete a video, 1/wk max. Welp 2021 here I come :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2: But no seriously I'll aim for a dozen then try again & repeat process if denied..I think I can I think I can
Having most of your watch time come from a single video, has become another type of "death to monetizability" move, unfortunately; especially if that single video turns out in and of itself to be non-monetizable on its own.

Yes; "wash, rinse, repeat" may be your best path. Just remember while you do it, that repeated submission of ineligible videos, will eventually hit the proverbial "brick wall"; and get you banned entirely from the YouTube Partner Programme.

Be careful please!

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Having most of your watch time come from a single video, has become another type of "death to monetizability" move, unfortunately; especially if that single video turns out in and of itself to be non-monetizable on its own.

Yes; "wash, rinse, repeat" may be your best path. Just remember while you do it, that repeated submission of ineligible videos, will eventually hit the proverbial "brick wall"; and get you banned entirely from the YouTube Partner Programme.

Be careful please!
Indeed, very careful I shall be, don't wanna waste my tickets & hit that wall....I can see that happening if I were to rely on that 1 video to keep me eligible... I suppose my best bet is to upload as much NEW content w/"original commentary" & scripts as possible & hope for a few to go viral to obtain the hrs again just to be on the safe side. Easier said than done though obviously :rolleyes:..Hopefully my existing subscribers will help me meet that goal sooner than later if I can put out some hq content & get those much needed shares. :up:

Reactions: Bruman

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@trumpdayz

I have three monetised channels. They have 14, 6 and 4 videos on them. The smaller two were approved (again) this year. My videos aren't long either (typically around 2 minutes). I think the reviewers could just tell how long I spent on them though (videos usually take me weeks as stop motion is a slow process).