Is this unique?

• Total voters

Epic12

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

I always said in my channel ethos that I'd never do a LP of Minecraft, well instead I'm planning this.

So my character has built up a house or a village of some sorts and he is doing really well for himself. So what happens is that there is an attack on his house and it is bombed or destroyed and the series consists of him/me building his empire/house back and discovering who or what bombed the house. It would end with a cliffhanger and I'd obviously use mods. I was wondering if anyone likes this idea or if anyone could help me. I have a house I built in Survival and I can copy the map easily to blow up, but the whole concept is that my character will have lost everything in his life so it needs to be a big house. I'm thinking of using a map, but I'd like other people in his life too. Think Tapped Out where you have to rebuild everything but this LP/Series would have more of a plot.

Could you give me some thoughts and maybe help me plan this? It'd be really cool to do and I think I'd stand out.

Thanks a bunch!

RobertLangdon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I voted "It's ok" because the idea and concept is good I'm just not sure how you would make it interesting enough even with mods. By this i mean if the character goes mining one day and comes back with a blown up house its too common if you know what i mean, and it will be hard to make a cool climax where the house / village is blown up.

If you think about it more in depth I'm sure you will get it but you will need to develop a world and story line at the same time, go onto YouTube and search: Challenge Accepted Inc and watch their Pixelmon Minecraft videos, skip the the end 10 seconds and they say that they have a small team of devs developing the storyline and the world!

Epic12

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I voted "It's ok" because the idea and concept is good I'm just not sure how you would make it interesting enough even with mods. By this i mean if the character goes mining one day and comes back with a blown up house its too common if you know what i mean, and it will be hard to make a cool climax where the house / village is blown up.

If you think about it more in depth I'm sure you will get it but you will need to develop a world and story line at the same time, go onto YouTube and search: Challenge Accepted Inc and watch their Pixelmon Minecraft videos, skip the the end 10 seconds and they say that they have a small team of devs developing the storyline and the world!
Yeah, thanks for your insight! I have seen those before actually. I was wondering if people wanted to help but I was just getting ideas first. What I'd do is I'd use mods and possibly make a few prologues where my character receives threats and then eventually he comes back on his horse and in the middle of the night an explosion occurs and that's when he loses everything. Not so sure how I want to play it yet, but I hope you'd be interested, as I think you may know alot about this! :)

RobertLangdon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It would be easier for a story to do animations like this show: (youtube.com/user/SeedlingsShow) but thats not what you want to do, if you are looking to do actual Minecraft gameplay throughout then you will need a good texture pack, people to help you develop the story and play characters and some music to build up tension in the story / videos. Make sure its Royalty Free though!

Epic12

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It would be easier for a story to do animations like this show: (youtube.com/user/SeedlingsShow) but thats not what you want to do, if you are looking to do actual Minecraft gameplay throughout then you will need a good texture pack, people to help you develop the story and play characters and some music to build up tension in the story / videos. Make sure its Royalty Free though!
Watched a quick bit of that and that's sort of what I'd like. I'm not sure if I'd want it so that it's in first person or third like the Seedlings. That's why if I did do it like Seedlings, I'd need to put a team together.