Minds.com issue

CSoAmazon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Just in case I am deciding to post my experience here with minds.com
---

I have a Amazon Review YouTube channel that on each of the description is my amazon associates link to purchase the product. It makes a tiny bit of money since I just started but it works for me.

Well, my friend showed me minds.com , a social networking site that is new. Google it and it sounds pretty cool. So I decided to post one of my YouTube videos to see if I could promote myself there. The next day I got an email from Amazon that my associates account has been closed because I posted it on a unapproved social networking site. Apparently the can see that there link is on my YouTube video and that video is posted on minds.com.

I should have read better my terms saying that Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and some other ones are only allowed. Because it was an indirect post I didn't think about it.

Just wanted to warn people just in case.

---------------

Hello,

We currently accept only Facebook.com &quotFan Pages,&quot &quotVerified&quot Twitter.com pages and/or a YouTube &quotchannel&quot in the Associates program. All other social network sites are not eligible to add Associate links, or for use to create an Associates Account.

In reviewing your website, we noticed that the URL listed on your application is a social network website. However, your site is not an approved social network or established with enough unique content and followers yet. At this time, we are unable to approve your application and have closed the account under which you had been temporarily approved.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com Associates.

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been self employed doing affiliate marketing for 4.5 years. You always have to read through the ToS agreement and follow the rules or they can and most likely will shut you down.

I don't really know what area or niche of affiliate marketing you are in, but why not make a website and send people to your website.