Mind Block

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi Guys,

So lately I have had a complete mind block when it comes to videos....
Not sure what people will be interested in, my views are getting less and less and I feel like that is based on the content I'm producing.
So what kind of videos would you expect/want to see from a vlogger?

Thanks for the help

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I know that challenges get old, but I think those could be good space fillers while you are thinking of something to do. Plus, I think it will be a treat for your viewers kinda. I like seeing different people doing challenges and the way they react or "suffer" or fail. It's fun. or make up your own challenge! Also, I don't think it would be too bad of an idea to get a faster paced trailer too with quieter music and more of the fun moments. Not saying that it was bad, because it's not. and a minute isn't that long either, but it dragged for me honestly. IT'S JUST ME- DON'T HATE ME! I also have coffee brain and I'm thinking a million miles per second so maybe I'm just antsy and not a good judge at the moment. :(

I really don't see why you have smaller views when you just did a video about The Greatest Showman. That JUST came out and people are loving it. I don't know why people wouldn't jump to watch your video. Maybe tags? I don't know. omg I feel like I didn't help at all :( lol

Reactions: George Hudson

Laseph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
About getting less and less views. Thumbnails and titles are the first thing you see, would you want to watch that video? The big thing about titles and thumbnails is that they should not represent the whole video but the spectacle people want to see. For instance if you had a trip to Amsterdam you would not call it "Trip to Amsterdam" but maybe "Dutch People Curling With Wheels of Cheese - Trip Amsterdam". This example is pretty stupid but the idea is you show something different that gets people excited and not something general that's similar to what most people post. Then on coming up with video ideas, vloggers have it hard they have to make almost everyday interesting. The two main things are how you frame it and what you're doing. You want to make it exciting and different but doing that everyday might get tiring. What you should probably focus on is finding the special things in the ordinary, mostly by your actions. Maybe visiting a hill is not that interesting but rolling of a hill while your friends pour champagne over you might be a little more interesting. Also make sure that you are always able to write something down, cause when an idea does strike, you have to catch it before the moment is over. Hope this helps a little, I digressed really hard but I do still think this information is relevant to you.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
You can always make a rant on something semi-controversial: sexuality, politics, religion, cannabis, world politics, etc. I noticed that people don't mind those being talked about as long as the vlogger doesn't get too heated up about it.

Reetae27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oddly enough, you could make a meta video -- make a video about HOW you're going through a creative slump, and how often it affects you, and how much it bothers you, and why it's important for you to be able to break through it. Ironically, I'd honestly find that kinda interesting, since people would get a sense of your process and what your thinking is when you make your videos.

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oddly enough, you could make a meta video -- make a video about HOW you're going through a creative slump, and how often it affects you, and how much it bothers you, and why it's important for you to be able to break through it. Ironically, I'd honestly find that kinda interesting, since people would get a sense of your process and what your thinking is when you make your videos.
This is such a good idea...... yup I'm gunna do it! Thank You!

Reactions: Reetae27