Milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb Calamari

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I'm fairly new to YTtalk, but hope to be an active participant. I thought of a fun way for us to support and encourage each other as we grow our respective channels and learn a bit from each other (Hopefully this hasn't already been suggested).

My idea is to have each of us respond to this thread every time we reach a milestone on our channel. Viewers of the thread can then go to that person's channel and post a "congrats" comment. This will hopefully help the ranking of the particular video that is congratulated (I believe the number of comments each video receives is one of the factors which determines a video's ranking by YT). And it will also show us how long it takes various people in our community to reach certain milestones so we can see how we stack up. It's also a fun way to encourage each other on the road to success. Additionally, you may not want to subscribe to someone's channel, but quickly commenting and encouraging someone in the YTtalk community is easy enough, right? And finally, it gives us a chance to brag in public, and who doesn't like bragging :)

So to make it simple, I've listed a number of milestones below, feel free to add in additional ones:

Date First Video Uploaded:
Date 100/500/1K/5K/10K/25K/50K/100K/250K/500K/750K/1 million subs reached.
Date 10K/25K/50K/100K/250K/500K/750K/1 million upload views reached.

Here's a bit of info on my channel, please feel free to share info about yours.

Date First Video Uploaded: Dec. 7th, 2011
Date 10K uploads reached: Jan. 29th, 2012

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I suggest we make an "Milestones" FORUM SECTION and do as you planned there....but we need Michael to help us.

Yo Michael get at this dawg.

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
no fuss.

Imma message him now about this.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is something I would consider doing but I would like to hear if more people are interested in having the section first and will use it.

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Alright.

Sending messages to other members.....tomorrow(im on phone now).

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Sounds easy enough. Hard to regulate, because most people (myself included) are just attention whores who don't really look too far into other people's work (whether they have the time or not). How would you get around this?

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well.......you cant.If you dont want to check others people work,then you dont have too.Theres no way around that

Status
Not open for further replies.