milestone video to thank for x number of subscribers/views?

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you can make it worth watching, do it.

I wouldn't do it for anything under 1000 subs. Then maybe 10k, 100k, etc

Reactions: MyBigBrain

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did a 50 subs thank you video and will do a 100 subs (when i get there, i am 2 away right now) one as well

It really depends what you make of it but I also appreciate the smaller milestones as well

:)

Reactions: MyBigBrain

SmokeySpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you can make it worth watching, do it.

I wouldn't do it for anything under 1000 subs. Then maybe 10k, 100k, etc
I disagree I think doing one for 100, maybe a q and a for the other 100’s depending, bc for me getting to those points took MONTHS and I wanted to celebrate and it makes you feel like you’ve accomplished something when other people congratulate you

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Personally, I love to see people I'm subscribed to make those types of videos. It just makes me happy to be able to think "Yes! You got there and you deserve it! And hey I'm one of those subscribers!" I think it helps give a sense of community that way. I think it's important not to overdo it. Don't do it every 50 subs or whatever.

TheVividVegan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's such a good idea! I've just created my channel and don't have any subs so far but I definitely like the idea of a special video for milestones. I also think that you can make them with a small amount of subscribers, you don't need to weitfor 1000 I would say :)

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I did two milestone videos - for 100 subs and 250 subs. The theme of each was vanity, and it fits nicely with my relatively low sub count (especially considering how over the top they were).
I definitely plan on doing more because I had such fun in making them - and if I ever become big, I plan on making them for totally uneven numbers ("Thank You for 1986 subs!").
From what I've learned, if you like making them, make them. If not, I don't think that fans would particularly care. I think that a good reason not to make a milestone video if you can't think of anything beside the standard proclamations (we've come so far, I wouldn't be here without you, when I started out etc.).

Reactions: Reetae27

Reetae27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've done a few elaborate milestone videos, that are so tedious to put together that the only benefit is really the actual milestone itself, haha. But yeah, I think they're fun to do. Plus, I genuinely believe it's important to remind yourself periodically that you ARE making progress. It's easy to get caught up on the broader scale and despair sometimes, because we all want to be instant million-subbers, but yeah -- sometimes it's nice to sort of appreciate your own work, because it IS worth being proud at. And also, it's a nice shout out to the subscribers themselves too, for making this possible.