Milestone Video Ideas?

DethByChick

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It seems like the go-to video to celebrate a milestone is to do a Q & A video. I think that's fine, but a little more fun to do if you have a more active community. Since I'm getting close to hitting a milestone myself, I've been thinking about different things I could do for a video. Even though I don't do art on my channel, I thought it would be kind of funny to do a video where I show my viewers my sketchbook from when I was 15. I did get the idea from an animation channel, but I thought it was interesting and I have talked about how I love drawing and painting in the past.

What about you guys? What did you do for your first milestone video?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's a nice idea, but there's a catch, how's your relationship with your audience? It can definitively help deepening it, but on the other hand you need to have one built already, if you ask me. At a certain stage a creator is usually seen more as a mystic figure than a person, and a video like that breaks that illusion and tells us that after all, it's a person making those videos.
So in short: do you think it would help you deepen your relationship with the audience?

As a plan B, since you said you like animation, you can animate a thank you video!

Reactions: DethByChick

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Like you said Q&A video is pretty good backup plan since it's so standard.

From a quick glance, it looks like your channel is a gaming channel so
- Maybe live stream while playing a game with your community (Doesn't always work and sometimes no one show up)
-Or vlog a bit about games you have lined up to play in the future.
-Or Include your viewers in a video where they just say their names and where their from and something like why they like you videos or games they want to see you play.

The thing that's hard about involving the community in content is that sometimes they don't get involved but I always like seeing those kinds of videos. it shows that the creator is building a community and that this is a lot larger than just me watching this video. Lots of other people are also watching and love it!

DethByChick

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Like you said Q&A video is pretty good backup plan since it's so standard.

From a quick glance, it looks like your channel is a gaming channel so
- Maybe live stream while playing a game with your community (Doesn't always work and sometimes no one show up)
-Or vlog a bit about games you have lined up to play in the future.
-Or Include your viewers in a video where they just say their names and where their from and something like why they like you videos or games they want to see you play.

The thing that's hard about involving the community in content is that sometimes they don't get involved but I always like seeing those kinds of videos. it shows that the creator is building a community and that this is a lot larger than just me watching this video. Lots of other people are also watching and love it!
You've given me some good things to think about! I usually livestream on Twitch, but maybe once I hit the milestone, I could do a YouTube livestream. It would be fun to play a game with my viewers.

As a plan B, since you said you like animation, you can animate a thank you video!
An animated thank you video is a cute idea!

Reactions: Nicekid76

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Q and A is fine but yes you see that a lot:) I think I did a give away for my first milestone video but you have to be careful with that. I got a lot of subscribers pretty fast but they unsubed just as fast:) Q and A is the safe choice IMO but no it is not original at all....

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My first milestone video was when I reached 500 subscribers. I am still happy with it, even if it looks dated now.
Soon I will post my second milestone video, which is unboxing of the YouTube's Silver Play Button award. Between the 500 subscribers and the play button, I didn't had much time for milestone videos, so you can probably imagine how much time and effort I've invested for the development of the channel.