Microphone HELP

humansonny

Reaction score
I bought this Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen USB Audio interface pro tools from Amazon.

I also need to buy a mic. I was thinking about the Blue yeti since its so popular. Will I still need the Focusrite sound interface I just bought or should I return it? Im quite a noob on these things here. I've heard people have issues with these two combos.

When I record with the Blue Yeti, will it have static and things like that if I just use audacity with it? I want to do some voice overlays with videos I make and I want the best quality. I know in Audacity you can do noise reduction to hide the static mostly, but it lowers the volume and quality of the recording. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. A good example setup would be nice as well.

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally use the Blue Yeti and its an amazing mic. You won't have static at all but you will pick up a lot of background audio, so you have to make sure you are recording in a quiet area. I do all my audio recording and editing in audacity so I think you won't have any trouble learning everything quickly.

humansonny

Reaction score
I personally use the Blue Yeti and its an amazing mic. You won't have static at all but you will pick up a lot of background audio, so you have to make sure you are recording in a quiet area. I do all my audio recording and editing in audacity so I think you won't have any trouble learning everything quickly.
Have you had experience with sound interfaces like the one I mentioned? I probably will buy the Blue yeti just because it has such good reviews. Will I still need the sound interface or is it something that is not for usb microphones?

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally havn't used a sound interface and I still get really good audio quality. If you already have it then you can give it a try combined with the yeti. The Yeti has gains and volume controls built into the microphone already, so that makes it easy.

humansonny

Reaction score
I personally havn't used a sound interface and I still get really good audio quality. If you already have it then you can give it a try combined with the yeti. The Yeti has gains and volume controls built into the microphone already, so that makes it easy.
I just bought one. I keep getting a the static noise during my entire voice. I downloaded voice meter to help with the sound of my voice, but how do you get rid of the noises.

Can you give me your email so i can send you my audio so you can help decipher the problem. I put a thick cloth under the mic. It seemed to help alittle bit, but hasnt removed the static ring.

Would be great to get rid of it. Other than that it sounds nice.

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a Blue Yeti at one point & didn't need anything else, aside from recording software, to use it. It works very well on it's own.
I would get a little static in the background, but that was easily fixed with Audacity & watching some tutorials on how to get rid of it with noise reduction.

Like I said I had the Blue Yeti, my computer & Audacity. I use that mic for quite a while & the only reason I replaced it was because I some how broke the USB port for it.

humansonny

Reaction score
I had a Blue Yeti at one point & didn't need anything else, aside from recording software, to use it. It works very well on it's own.
I would get a little static in the background, but that was easily fixed with Audacity & watching some tutorials on how to get rid of it with noise reduction.

Like I said I had the Blue Yeti, my computer & Audacity. I use that mic for quite a while & the only reason I replaced it was because I some how broke the USB port for it.
Well it has this static during my dialog. Idk what seems to be the issue. Its not constant the whole time. Is is just my surrounding sound? Ive used noise reduction on audacity before. It would lower the volume in general and hide the static, but it would still be there.

Reactions: Dice Rollen