Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Microphone having small "crackles"? (w/ audio sample)

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by LegitHuman, Feb 6, 2018.

1. LegitHuman
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $122
    Hey, I decided to start using my microphone (Samson Meteor) for my YT videos and I have a problem with it, it has these small disturbances which add up and make the audio sound messy. Last time I used the mic it was working fine so I'm not sure what's causing the problem, has anyone had this issue before?

Audio sample: soundcloud(dot)com/user-556221000/small-crackles/s-oos4U (It's pure silence but if you listen closely there's tiny crackles in the middle-ish part and a louder one towards the end)

Anyone know a fix for this? It'll affect my videos because it also cuts off the talking :(

EDIT: Link's not allowed, please just copy-paste it and replace (dot) with . - thanks <3

2. Jawad Soomro
    I'm a Human!
    Cash:
    $12,624
    I would suggest to record your audio in sound proof remove or at least your room should be covered with clothes because clothes absorb noise and do not echo. If you think if it is still not solving your issue, I would suggest putting your mic inside your shirt. Lavalier mic is recommended as it can filter out noises and distortions.

3. Khappa MJ
    Cash:
    $18
    First thing to do is to use a sponge cover for your micro. This is the professional way.
    Second, you should use a noise reduction VST plugin in your editing software, there are several professional plugins. One of the best one is included in the Waves bundle.