Microphone Guide

Megamindez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a bunch, this is very helpful especially for beginners like me who are just starting out!

ReadingZoneTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for taking your time to write this. I found it very helpful. I'm glad I found it because I was about to ask what was a good microphone all over the place. I think I will buy the Blue Snowball, I just found it on Amazon for under 45$. Thanks.

Insane Ninja Zombie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just bought an Apex 415B with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo and I love it. Sound is great for the conditions I'm in and cheap to fit the budget.
Your info is very good and helped a ton.
Thanks.

JKlenk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey I have a Blue Yeti and I am wondering if you know any programs other then audacity that can help and I purchased a pop filter for it is there any more attachments I can use to make it better or atlease more convenient

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey I have a Blue Yeti and I am wondering if you know any programs other then audacity that can help and I purchased a pop filter for it is there any more attachments I can use to make it better or atlease more convenient
I have a Blue Yeti as well. Exactly what kind of convenience are you looking for? Like, what exactly are you trying to make easier or change?

Inspired

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am not sure why you can't recommend the snowball. I have it and I personally like it a lot.

SauceOne

The Sauce
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
I really think the Rode NT USB deserves to be in the same category as the Yeti and AT2020 @Tarmack

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This guide is awesome! Thanks for typing it up! I will definitely keep all of this in mind next time I buy a microphone!

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
This is a great guide with a lot of great information. I'm just been using the microphones that are on my devices such as my Samsung NX1000 Camera and my Google Pixel 2 XL. They're not the greatest and I have had feedback that I need to work on audio quality a bit. My only thing is that I have never recorded video and audio separately (meaning on different devices) and then put them together. I feel like I would mess it up extremely quickly.

But I know it's something I will need to learn if I want to become a quality content creator.