Micro SD Cards are so unreliable!!

AuthorFilms Studios

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just was filming with my Drone, got back, and half the footage is missing on my SD Card. This keeps happening all the time!! It is a genuine SanDisk card (16GB), and about 2GB worth of videos just vanished! None of my clips are corrupt, just some of them vanish. I tried a data recovery program and nothing! Anyone else have this problem?

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you think it may be corrupt? That is really weird I have never had issues with that kinda stuff. May want to test it out a bit more and see if you can find where this happens. Like after a certain time recording or something!

Reactions: AuthorFilms Studios

sir.penguin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
hmmm....maybe its not corrupted because im sure you would have found something in the data recovery.
is it always losing from the beginning?

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on how good SD card it is. I bought Kingston SD card wish was branded as "class 10 Ultra-3" and my camcorder stopped after 10 seconds saying "not enough write speed". Then I bought another Kingston SD card branded as "class 10 Ultra-1" and it managed to run smoothly :) So I think it might depend on how much cash you put for your card (if its cheap one or more expensive one).

XboxDIY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Make sure your write speed is up there - 80+, as HD video requires quite a bit more. The speed is important regardless of the brand. A good 16gb SD card shouldn't run you more than $15 on Amazon.

If you can't find it via data recovery, this tells me the video didn't even attempt to record. Can you elaborate on what type of card you have? Write speed, specifically.