Mic Volume Issue

partyboychip

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been having some volume issues with my mic. Now I don't have the usual mic for recording youtube videos. At first I was using my turtle beaches but then I found my old Shure SM57 dynamic mic I used to use for recording my guitar amp. And it was almost the perfect fit since I'm a bit short on funds and needed a dependable mic. Which this mic is crystal clear and picks up little to no ambient noise for a non sound treated room.

But the volume from my recordings seemed to come out extremely low for some reason. Even though the gain on my Onyx Blackjack Audio Interface (which is phantom powered) is cranked up to max. Which I prefer not to crank the gain on my interface all the way up because if my commentary get's loud enough it starts clipping it'll cutting out audio at the peaks. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what the issues might be?. Because I'd really prefer to have to do as little post editing to the audio as possible.

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Check the program that you have. I personally use Sony Vegas pro 10 and there are quite a few options that you can customize the different channels of the volume. Maybe its a weird rendering bug, they tend to happen from time to time. Just revise on when it started and what you did different.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you record your audio on a computer, go to the little sound icon, right click, click recording devices and go to levels. I recently had an issue where my MIC was turned way down for some reason.

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I'd suggest upping the gain and using a pop shield. Works for me anyway. -.-"

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Is your mic working? Is your cable good? Is your preamp working? Where can we check your files?