Meme videos and trends

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've recently noticed a massive upload of the "steamed ham" Simpsons meme videos, there are literally hundreds of these videos and their variations e.g. steamed hams, but in reverse, or steam hams but everytime someone says ham, the speed is doubled.

This reminds me of all the bee movie meme videos that were popping up earlier in the year

All these meme videos have thousands of views.

Has anyone put up a meme video to "cash in" or the trend and how did it go for your channel in the long run?

And what do you guys think of all these meme videos popping up at the moment?

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think meme videos are kind of annoying, honestly. Sometimes, they're funny, but usually no. Plus, it really takes no work to make one at all. It'll get you views but unless you wanna make nothing but meme vids, then people probably won't stay.

Reactions: Ocean Chan

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think meme videos are kind of annoying, honestly. Sometimes, they're funny, but usually no. Plus, it really takes no work to make one at all. It'll get you views but unless you wanna make nothing but meme vids, then people probably won't stay.
Most arent funny, its weird how youtube really promotes these kinds of videos nowadays

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Most arent funny, its weird how youtube really promotes these kinds of videos nowadays
It's probably because so many little kids are watching them. It's like those creepy Spiderman & Elsa channels in that sense.