kosal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yttalk cover.png ME:
Hello everyone,

My name is Kosal. I am 35 years old. I am a programmer from Cambodia. I earned my Master's degree in Information Systems, specialized in Web Mining, in South Korea '2010. I am working as chief of faculty of Computer Science, National Polytechnic Institute of Cambodia (NPIC). NPIC is one of the biggest university in Cambodia. Well, I have a YouTube channel "oumsaokosal"

YouTube??

Talking about YouTube, I actually sign up for YouTube since 2007. Yes 9 years ago. I did not use YouTube much during that time because internet was bloody slow then. Lately, I am using it like some years now. I published a lot of tutorial videos on to that channel. Interesting I did not know that you could monetize your videos on YouTube. I was only aware about AdSense for blog and stuff. Last year this month (Aug 2015), one of my colleague pop up and told me that you could make money from YouTube. I was like what!!!! Impossible, I said.

And then I discovered that, yes you could make money off from YouTube. It might sound silly to you. How come a guy in IT industry for 20 years never knew about YouTube. I admitted I was silly. Silly me.

Monetize??

Well, this thing got me up. I uploaded most of my teaching videos (in Khmer language - Cambodian, and English) on to my channel and monetized it. It works. Around 9 months later, I got my first check from Google AdSense via Western Union. How sweet was that. Do not be confused about the money. I actually earned enough money from my regular job as a professor of the national University combined with some private Universities where I can buy my own house (without mortgage) and a car for my family. However, online money from something that everyone talked about was really amazing.

OK enough for my history. Let's talk about some tips that I used for my YouTube. But before that, let me briefly tell you a bit about my channel. My channel is mainly about programming: Android, C#, Java, Javascript, and web design. Lately I posted some tips of making money from YouTube because I know some tips.

Some tips to get your video found

Here is what I do from before I uploaded a video and until I finished the optimization. Say I wanna make a new video about Javascript.

1- I google "javascript" to get a long tail suggestion

2- after I get a reasonable keyword "javascript tutorial for beginners", then I look at the number of result. If it is too many result like over 2M, then I give up. And search for another until I find a good one.

3- I search the good keyword again but this time with double quoted. I have to see the result with a reasonable number.

4- Then I go to Google keyword planner and I search it again to see the ads competition and CPC. I find for ads medium and high competition, which means many ads will come to videos. If CPC is low, then move on to another one.

5- I go to keywordspy.com and check for CPC and ads from US.

6- I need to see the result ads. So I go to semrush.com and search for the keyword. And click on SERP column to see ads. If no ads, change.
* please use semrush.com careful, because you can use like 3 times a day or so for free version.

7- I go to MOZ keyword explorer to see the competitiveness.

8- after I am done with my keyword research, I have to make a video. I use quicktime screenrecord on Mac.

9- I use Final Cut Pro to cut out some bad parts and mix with a nice background sound. I use built-in sound. Be cautious with sound, u can end up with copyright violation.

10- after rending finished, I name my file as the title for my video. And I upload it in YouTube.

11- I need to write a good description with the help of seomofo.com for snippets.

12- I use VidIQ and TubeBuddy to look at other videos tags. And I can use them some (not steal, just borrow :)

13- After all, I have to share to all default social networks that are provided by YouTube.

14- If there are comments, I have to thanks and answer the questions.

15- what else do I miss????

Yes please comment below if I miss any steps or what else should I do. Yes I am new and old at the same time.

Last edited:

maddenchump

Reaction score
These are great tips that will definitely help ppl out to get there videos found good job and a really good read.

LiquidGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice to meet you Kosal, thanks for the tips. Is VidIQ safe? They seem to ask for a lot, like manage my account etc.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@kosal

Welcome to the forums, Kosal. Thanks for your tips. I've moved this to the tutorial section. :)

joe @ ewClub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks Kosal for this great tips, I do almost same steps as yours but with minor changes/ or use different tools.

1. I use Long Tail Pro (LTP) to find long tail keywords. LTP will shows the "keyword competitiveness" for Google (no YouTube version yet), anyway, YouTube owned by Google, that's why the results are acceptable (in my opinion).

2. I use Filmora to create video. Sometimes I use Powerpoint (for slideshow video).

3. I use TubeRankJeet 2.0 for video title and tags idea (combine with above long tail keywords).

4. Once I published the video, I will post to my Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. I will embed the video at my blog as well.

5. Next, I will go to fiverr to buy some social bookmarking services. If I have time, I will use No Hand Indexer software to create backlink (submission).

6. Then, I will request my whatsapp group friends to share the video (make it viral).

Haha.... so far I have good position for certain videos (not all videos), so I still do improvement & keep testing.
Someone suggest me to use instructables.com (to get tons of free traffic), anyway I didn't test yet.

Please let me know if I miss anything.
If I found new working method, I will update here.

Cheers!

Reactions: kosal

kosal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice to meet you Kosal, thanks for the tips. Is VidIQ safe? They seem to ask for a lot, like manage my account etc.
VidIQ is safe. It helps me a lot.[DOUBLEPOST=1472473195,1472472845][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks Kosal for this great tips, I do almost same steps as yours but with minor changes/ or use different tools.

1. I use Long Tail Pro (LTP) to find long tail keywords. LTP will shows the "keyword competitiveness" for Google (no YouTube version yet), anyway, YouTube owned by Google, that's why the results are acceptable (in my opinion).

2. I use Filmora to create video. Sometimes I use Powerpoint (for slideshow video).

3. I use TubeRankJeet 2.0 for video title and tags idea (combine with above long tail keywords).

4. Once I published the video, I will post to my Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. I will embed the video at my blog as well.

5. Next, I will go to fiverr to buy some social bookmarking services. If I have time, I will use No Hand Indexer software to create backlink (submission).

6. Then, I will request my whatsapp group friends to share the video (make it viral).

Haha.... so far I have good position for certain videos (not all videos), so I still do improvement & keep testing.
Someone suggest me to use instructables.com (to get tons of free traffic), anyway I didn't test yet.

Please let me know if I miss anything.
If I found new working method, I will update here.

Cheers!
I use TubeRankJeet now and then. But because I use TubeBuddy and VidIQ, I got a lot of tags suggestions. But for those of you who do not wanna feed 20$ to TB and VIQ, u can use try TubeRankJeet, as he said.

One more thing I have to mention: I like the fiverr things. Yes Web 2.0 signal can help your rank a lot.

HOWEVER, i am not sure I wanna try any auto backlink software. Correct me if i am wrong.

joe @ ewClub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@kosal, thanks for reply.
For auto backlink software, previously I used GSA SE Ranker, now I try No Hand Indexer and SEO. GSA is good except it's slightly complicated for newbies.

john HJ Smith

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i do the same but i dont have any views
i will keep try more and more
thank you