MCN softwares

osy

Reaction score
I'm considering joining a MCN network but have a couple of questions that I can seem to find an answer so any opinion will be a great help !
1. Do you use tools that MCN provide to edit your videos ? (which tools ? any good ?)
2. I am doing Live videos - are the tools that MCN give you any good ?

Thanks !!

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
Haven't seen an MCN related question posted to the boards in quite some time. @Crown, shouldn't this thread be in the Monetization/Partnership section (please excuse me if I'm wrong)?

@osy,

I used to work for MCNs in the past and would like to comment on your questions.

1) MCNs, especially nowadays, don't usually provide "tools" to edit your videos. Sure, they may provide some SEO tools, music libraries, and thumbnail templates or generators that you can use to edit your videos... but those can easily be found with a quick Google search, and that's free. If you're referring to editing software that helps you edit your videos, then no. I have never heard of an MCN providing video editing software to creators - that's usually on the creator. Also, if an MCN did start offering video editing software to their creators... again, you can just find decent editing software (that's free) to use.

2) Not usually. I can only think of MCNs providing royalty free music that you can use in your streams, but again... that can be found online for free without having to give up a percentage of your ad revenue.

From my point of view, MCNs used to offer a great deal of value to creators in 2011-early 2013. Since then, YouTube slowly has been trying to crowd out MCNs from the platform (new policies and guidelines). Sure, MCNs may still have some value to them... but it has greatly diminished over the years. That's just my take on MCNs in 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
shouldn't this thread be in the Monetization/Partnership section (please excuse me if I'm wrong)?
Hmm.. Yeah, I think it works a little better there. I moved it to the Monetization / Partnership discussion forum! :)

Reactions: Jeff

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
Hmm.. Yeah, I think it works a little better there. I moved it to the Monetization / Partnership discussion forum! :)
Thought so, looked a bit out of place. Thanks for moving it - cheers! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KatyAdelson