MCN Partnership / CMS Access

sev12

Reaction score
Hello, we have exclusive rights to over 100+ artists and we would like to join a MCN that allows us to use CMS features.
We need to be able to control our content, block, monetize, issue take downs if necessary.
Which Network offers these features? how can someone get access to these features and start working with a network? I can easily say it's over 2000+ songs and more than 100+ albums.

What do we have to do? because Youtube's content id system by itself is really weak, it just claims content and that's it, we need to be able to control all the rights and take down illegal distributions on YouTube & different digital platforms.

If anyone knows of any company or individual please help me out, thank you.

Carter

Don't worry, I've got this.
Reaction score
I am not aware of any rights management group that allows third party access to their CMS - it's actually against most CMS agreements to have non-employee access to the tool (and those that do, are highly specialized). If you are simply looking for a rights management group that can enact a particular policy for your content, I can recommend some.

Why haven't you reach out to Google and request a CMS for yourself? You certainly seem to be able to show a need for the tool.

Reactions: Herzel Glashen

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Hello, we have exclusive rights to over 100+ artists and we would like to join a MCN that allows us to use CMS features.
We need to be able to control our content, block, monetize, issue take downs if necessary.
Which Network offers these features? how can someone get access to these features and start working with a network? I can easily say it's over 2000+ songs and more than 100+ albums.

What do we have to do? because Youtube's content id system by itself is really weak, it just claims content and that's it, we need to be able to control all the rights and take down illegal distributions on YouTube & different digital platforms.

If anyone knows of any company or individual please help me out, thank you.
YouTube's Content ID system doesn't only just allow claims. You can set policies all the way from simple tracking to an instant strike and takedown. Unfortunately, Copyright Law also allows the struck creator to file a counter-notice; and if this happens you will need to file a court action to keep the content down, and prove that you've done this to YouTube's Legal Department.

If you want Multi-Platform Coverage, even an MCN won't do the trick.

What you need is a Digital Rights Management Company. Use Google to find your best option. You'll still be opening yourself to filing lots of legal actions; as this isn't just YouTube, this is International Copyright Law at work.

sev12

Reaction score
I am not aware of any rights management group that allows third party access to their CMS - it's actually against most CMS agreements to have non-employee access to the tool (and those that do, are highly specialized). If you are simply looking for a rights management group that can enact a particular policy for your content, I can recommend some.

Why haven't you reach out to Google and request a CMS for yourself? You certainly seem to be able to show a need for the tool.
Can you please recommend me couple of them? how can I reach out to google and request access? didn't find it anywhere ,it's just plain regular content id.[DOUBLEPOST=1523657182,1523657084][/DOUBLEPOST]
YouTube's Content ID system doesn't only just allow claims. You can set policies all the way from simple tracking to an instant strike and takedown. Unfortunately, Copyright Law also allows the struck creator to file a counter-notice; and if this happens you will need to file a court action to keep the content down, and prove that you've done this to YouTube's Legal Department.

If you want Multi-Platform Coverage, even an MCN won't do the trick.

What you need is a Digital Rights Management Company. Use Google to find your best option. You'll still be opening yourself to filing lots of legal actions; as this isn't just YouTube, this is International Copyright Law at work.
Hello, I don't have problem filling court action during counter notification process.
So if someone is losing a lot of revenue due to illegal uploads, what can they do? beside court action? how can we take it down besides filling dmca takedown for every single upload.

Carter

Don't worry, I've got this.
Reaction score
plain regular content id.
That is what I am referring to - why don't you apply for Content ID for your company? With Content ID, you can set whatever policy (track, takedown, monetize) you wish in any applicable countries where you have copyright ownership of. You can apply at youtube/cvp_app (can't add link).

Can you please recommend me couple of them?
I'd first apply for your own Content ID. If you don't get accepted, let me know and I can send you some contacts.

Reactions: sev12

sev12

Reaction score
That is what I am referring to - why don't you apply for Content ID for your company? With Content ID, you can set whatever policy (track, takedown, monetize) you wish in any applicable countries where you have copyright ownership of. You can apply at youtube/cvp_app (can't add link).

I'd first apply for your own Content ID. If you don't get accepted, let me know and I can send you some contacts.
Hello again, me and one of my partners we have a signed contract agreement with the artist and we want to take down the content, what are we we suppose to do? we've filled DMCA takedown notice for the YouTube video, but YouTube responds and asks for proof, are we suppose to attach the actual contract with the artist as a proof? can you please help me out?

We've even managed to get content id, but I don't think content id by itself has the power to take down content right? just monetizes, and what are we suppose to do when the content has been claimed and registered to multiple sources such as CDBABY,ONERPM or ETC.

How are we suppose to release the claims from those parties and get the revenue? thank you for everything.

sev12

Reaction score
Yes, you are. You can create a PDF copy and send that to the YouTube Copyright Team.
Hello, We filed takedown notice towards this individual on Wednesday the 2nd, and we sent it to youtube copyright email with PDF attached and youtube responded with "Thank you for contacing us, we'll investigate and reach out once we process your request" it's been almost a week and no follow up or anything from them? what are we suppose to do?
Contents are still up.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Give YouTube 10-14 business days to verify the information you sent to them. If the media is still up at that point, you might consider contacting an attorney specializing in Intellectual Property Law and laying the matter before him or her to confirm your've done everything correctly.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello again, me and one of my partners we have a signed contract agreement with the artist and we want to take down the content, what are we we suppose to do? we've filled DMCA takedown notice for the YouTube video, but YouTube responds and asks for proof, are we suppose to attach the actual contract with the artist as a proof? can you please help me out?
Send as much documentation as you can. Usually YouTube checks for simple things, like date of upload. If your contract is AFTER the video was uploaded, they have perfectly valid reason to ask you for more documents regarding your claim.
We've even managed to get content id, but I don't think content id by itself has the power to take down content right?
How are we suppose to release the claims from those parties and get the revenue? thank you for everything.
You have ContentID, but seems you didn't followed the certification process and the studies very well. In YouTube university for Copyright and ContentID it is pretty detailed all the power of ContentID. You can take down content, you don't release claim to get revenue. For claims you have to upload references. I have ContentID, but not as music label (they have even more powerful ContentID) and I studied more than two weeks just to get some basic understanding of it. For music labels, I think at least one month training will be necessary to operate properly with it.