Maximum file size for new logo/banner?

strategy5280

Reaction score
I haven't seen any info about the maximum file size for the new logo. Does anybody know?

PowerfulRedHat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You mean the banner?
All that info is on the new channel web page. :)

strategy5280

Reaction score
You mean the banner?
All that info is on the new channel web page. :)
Hmm, I must be blind. I don't see anything about the actual file size. Here is where I'm looking: support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=16630&answer=2972003

It must be right in front of me but I don't see anything. It does specify the dimensions of the image, but not the file size as far as I can tell.

Reactions: PowerfulRedHat

PowerfulRedHat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hmm, I must be blind. I don't see anything about the actual file size. Here is where I'm looking: support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=16630&answer=2972003

It must be right in front of me but I don't see anything. It does specify the dimensions of the image, but not the file size as far as I can tell.
You did in fact say file size! I'm only aware of the dimensions being available on the website. I'd assume between one and two megabytes though. ^^

strategy5280

Reaction score
You did in fact say file size! I'm only aware of the dimensions being available on the website. I'd assume between one and two megabytes though. ^^
With the image being so large now I'm hoping they will lift that restriction.

For those who have created a new banner/logo, how large are your files?

coupeprods

Reaction score
File size: 4MB or smaller. Right on this link... support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=16630&answer=2972003