Maximizing my income

gigawert

Reaction score
I currently have a small channel of ~150 subscribers and 75,000 total views. A lot of my videos are preview videos for game mods, and I post videos at least 2 times a week if not more, lately I've been posting more like 4 times a week. At the moment I earn the majority of my income from my videos being embedded in these mods' descriptions. I earn about $5 a month right now. My question is, how can I efficiently grow my channel in a timely manner? Over the next 1.5 years, I want to save up $5000 from YouTube so I can buy my first car and pay for its expenses. Is this a realistic goal? If so, how can I go about working towards it? Thanks.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi:)
You can grow your channel with a lot of hard work.. Lots of uploads and quality content combined with SEO, sharing on social media and collaborations:)
Im not the one to say 5000$ in 1,5 year is unrealistic but to reach that goal you have a lot of hard work in front of you.
Best of luck to you:up2::)

gigawert

Reaction score
Alright, well I'm willing to work hard if that's what it takes, I am really into cars.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As said, you gotta work hard for it, but at the same time, You gotta understand that the income will fluctuate, and may not come to your expectations.
That shouldn´t stop you do work for it and grind as much as you can! Good luck!

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'd say keep the grind going and put in as much work as you can into your channel with good quality content since that is what is bringing in the views and watch time. =]
Although I'd also look at other ways for income on top of it just to help you get to that $5000 quicker for your first car. Best of luck!

EyeCantDoThis

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
YouTube is really a terrible source of income unless your content is 100% family friendly/has no sense of humour in it (otherwise they get all funny about it and block ads from your video). $5000 is a excessive just from YouTube alone, however....

Best way I would do is look into finding sponsorships - lot's of small upcoming indie games would be willing to pay you $5 to make a short video playing their game to get the ball rolling. Look on Indie Dev forums/twitter and just message as many people as you can find.

Perhaps stream a little and ask for donations, idk. Important thing is to not lose the connection with your viewers and accidentally come across as someone who is in it just for the money. hth!

Reactions: Farley Productions

gigawert

Reaction score
YouTube is really a terrible source of income unless your content is 100% family friendly/has no sense of humour in it (otherwise they get all funny about it and block ads from your video). $5000 is a excessive just from YouTube alone, however....

Best way I would do is look into finding sponsorships - lot's of small upcoming indie games would be willing to pay you $5 to make a short video playing their game to get the ball rolling. Look on Indie Dev forums/twitter and just message as many people as you can find.

Perhaps stream a little and ask for donations, idk. Important thing is to not lose the connection with your viewers and accidentally come across as someone who is in it just for the money. hth!
My channel is family-friendly, and it has some humor here and there but it's not crude and it's usually in the form of editing tricks.

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think this is great. You've got a channel, you've got a monetary goal and you've got a time frame to achieve it in. All you need to do is work out the steps needed to get from here to there.

Break it down into monthly goals in terms of having videos up, topics to cover, SEO and marketing to do etc. Break that goal down into achievable tasks.

I think you'll do it! What great is you have that reward at the end to focus on, not just money, so you'll have the motivation you need.

Best of luck! :)

Reactions: gigawert