Maximize revenue on long YT videos?

alfadog

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the add to the forums!

I have had a monetized YT channel for a number of years but have not been actively updating it. It has a number of long videos that are of interest to a fairly large group of enthusiasts. These videos run 1 - 2 hours each. I have probably earned $1000 over the years and just got another payment from Google, which prompted my interest in getting involved again. My RPM is around $3.65.

My question: should I break these videos up to increase overall revenue or is there something else that I can do to achieve that? People watch the entire video, I imagine, and I would not mind breaking them into maybe four pieces max if that will significantly increase my revenue if all four are watched over just watching the one long video.

Thanks
alfadog
from Alfa Romeo plus dog, not from alpha dog ;-)

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi and thanks for the add to the forums!

I have had a monetized YT channel for a number of years but have not been actively updating it. It has a number of long videos that are of interest to a fairly large group of enthusiasts. These videos run 1 - 2 hours each. I have probably earned $1000 over the years and just got another payment from Google, which prompted my interest in getting involved again. My RPM is around $3.65.

My question: should I break these videos up to increase overall revenue or is there something else that I can do to achieve that? People watch the entire video, I imagine, and I would not mind breaking them into maybe four pieces max if that will significantly increase my revenue if all four are watched over just watching the one long video.

Thanks
alfadog
from Alfa Romeo plus dog, not from alpha dog ;-)
Hello and welcome to YTtalk.

Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

One thing you could do is to enable "non-skippable" ads on the videos (if you have that option available - It's not available by default.) - Warning, non-skippable as may cause a proportion of viewers to abandon (if they hate ads) - But in most cases, the extra revenue per view outweighs and loss in number of views.