Matched third party content

mhmtkvn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't have any videos atm on youtube as public but i have a montage up which is private. The montage has 2 songs in it and the second song is copyrighted as it says matched third party content. It's not blocked anywhere, there will only be ads during the video. Btw because Its a montage its all synced and nicely edited so if i remove the copyrighted song and replace it with another the montage will be useless and the song will not sync to the gun shots. With that said, would this affect me getting a partnership in the future with a network?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sadly it will. And it sucks cause people work hard to make these awesome videos and yet Youtube throws the banhammer on it. Yeah, yeah I know. Make your own stuff. But most of the time these music videos and parodies work better when you use real songs people know rather than made up ones no one knows or ever heard of. Imagine the thousands of Gangnam Style and Harlem Shake parodies we would have missed out if the song owners told Youtube to slam the banhammer on them.

Insidific

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Accept the matched content and don't monetise it and it shouldn't effect partnership
I'm pretty sure it's only copyright strikes which cause that problem :)

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
^Do that OR if you still have the editing file, you can alter the pitch of the song a bit so Youtube can't recognize it. (Pretty broken system they have)

Reactions: JeriKane

mhmtkvn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
shift that doesnt do anything i tried that :)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Leaving third party content matches up is a good way of getting a strike later if the company changes their ContentID usage policy.