matched third party content- its true but not completely-what do i do?

pumpernickle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have rearranged the music to the old bugs bunny cartoon the rabbit of seville. Once mixed i released it on youtube with the cartoon. I didn't monetize the video because i don't own the footage.
But the music i do. The music is basically Rossini's Barber of Seville. I've added more notes and made it metal but no one owns that music. its too old.
Youtube is telling me my video has matched third party content. I was going to click I acknowledge because the video is NOT mine. But they say the music is a completely different song "merrily we roll along" which is not the case and i cannot seem to "acknowledge" one without the other.
Is it possible to agree with the video not being mine but dispute the audio?
If i ignore what happens? will they take it down? or make money from it?
any advice would be great.
or maybe i can't claim the music at all because it is attached to the video.. and it could be considered a cover.. but the cartoon was released over 60 years ago
have a look see what you think
search "brutal bugs bunny"

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you hit acknowledge they will make money off your video. But I would challenge it since it's not the same music just so they don't make money off of something that isn't theirs to begin with. People will claim public domain music all the time and make money off it. It's illegal and yet youtube doesn't do a thing about it. Awesome video btw! I love all those old Looney Toons and the music was a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: TheKeebzyShow

pumpernickle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
thank you.
how do you challenge it? i couldn't find it...? Youtube doesn't seem very user friendly for that..

ps thanks for checking out the video and your compliments.. we'll be doing some more.. hopefully released by the end of Jan

Reactions: VlogRays

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thank you.
how do you challenge it? i couldn't find it...? Youtube doesn't seem very user friendly for that..

ps thanks for checking out the video and your compliments.. we'll be doing some more.. hopefully released by the end of Jan
Check your e-mail that you got from youtube. It should be in there.

pumpernickle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
damn... i think i've deleted it.. because its not there ..nor in the trash