Matched 3rd Party Content [But I have permission] Please Help

flareblitz007

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi everyone,
I was just curious/ worried about something a while back I emailed Capcom, asking for permission to use their content. Recently I started doing a let's play of DMC Devil May Cry and they all got the "Matched Third Part Content" notice from Capcom. I was wondering if that would affect my chances of getting any sort of partnership as I am not really looking to get paid but for more . And I also tried to dispute it but it didn't work(even though I had written permission). Sorry if what I am asking is dumb... I am sort of new to these claims and anything to do with partnership.

Namaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did Capcom send you e-mail back with the permission? ((prob in pdf or word text))

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was just curious/ worried about something a while back I emailed Capcom, asking for permission to use their content. Recently I started doing a let's play of DMC Devil May Cry and they all got the "Matched Third Part Content" notice from Capcom. I was wondering if that would affect my chances of getting any sort of partnership as I am not really looking to get paid but for more . And I also tried to dispute it but it didn't work(even though I had written permission). Sorry if what I am asking is dumb... I am sort of new to these claims and anything to do with partnership.
Did you put the release notice in the description? Who specifically claimed?

flareblitz007

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did you put the release notice in the description? Who specifically claimed?
Capcom claimed, but it was one of those automatic ones. Sorry, what do you mean by release notice in the description?

Did Capcom send you e-mail back with the permission? ((prob in pdf or word text))
Yes they did, it was through email. If you want I could copy the email here [Not sure if I'm allowed to or not]

Namaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
weird because even Biohemia Interactive Studios the crators of Armed Assault 2 which DayZ made popular had same problems with youtube and kept rejecting BIS approval's, send a e-mail back to Capcom if anything if the option that Frankie said.

M424Filmcast

Director, Producer, Short Filmmaker, Musician
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger
Email does not count as written permission. You need apdf or word file with exactly what they are giving permission for. This means a description of the footage, any audio, and any images used that belong to Capcom. If you don't have this, you do not have permission.

Hope this helps.

M424Filmcast

Director, Producer, Short Filmmaker, Musician
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger
Actually strictly speaking it has to be a written letter ;)
A pdf or word file from the company or person you are getting permission from counts as a written letter. As long as it details what is allowed for use, and as long as it's signed by an authorised person who is able to give permission, that is all that is required. It doesn't hurt to have the letter on official letterhead when dealing with a business. YouTube will allow you to provide a digital copy as proof. Just make sure it's real, or there can be trouble later. :up:

flareblitz007

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A pdf or word file from the company or person you are getting permission from counts as a written letter. As long as it details what is allowed for use, and as long as it's signed by an authorised person who is able to give permission, that is all that is required. It doesn't hurt to have the letter on official letterhead when dealing with a business. YouTube will allow you to provide a digital copy as proof. Just make sure it's real, or there can be trouble later. :up:
Oh, so I guess email permission won't work :(. Alright I'll email Capcom again. Thanks :D But I am still curious this affects getting partnership at all if I were ever to apply for partnership.

CineSpaceMedia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Do you have documented proof from Capcom? If so, then send another dispute and try sending one to Capcom.
If you do not have documented proof from Capcom stating that you can publish content using some that is owned by them, then there is nothing that can really help you since any third party content that you do not own or do not have the rights to is not allowed.