Gaming Match Of The Day Minecraft Hunger Games

Callum Rowley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi,
At the following link I explained my idea for a hunger games series which would have a match of the day style overview (yttalk.com/threads/minecraft-hunger-games-match-of-the-day-thingy.76901/)
All I'd need now is a server to do it on. I have already started the building of the map, but want to know, who of you would be interested? You'd need a team of two and the map has space for 14 players, or 7 teams. It is still under construction and if we could get a server, that would significantly speed up the building process, (especially if it was a world edit server, though that isn't necessary) I wouldn't need the server for very long, as most of the building I can do myself, and the filming would only take 1-2 days. There would be lots of promotion for your channel provided, as well as any other promotion you'd want.

So are you interested? If you are please leave a comment below, as for me, I'm off to continue building the server!

Crypt

Community Editing Channel
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't think you're going to be getting anybody willing to donate a server to you. Running a server can be hard, especially when you get into settings permissions, etc. Don't forget the actual cost of running a server or the hassle if it's just a person running the server on their computer and not a company hosting it for you.
Anyway, I think you'll NEED a server with the world edit plugin because as far as I know, the most popular survival games plugin (dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/survival-games/) requires world edit to select positions of an arena and say that it's actually an arena.

Anyway, unfortunately I'm not able to help out. I'm currently developing my own server with a couple friends :D Damn, settings permissions for 18 plugins across 6 ranks and around 7 worlds individually is a real b***h...I don't even know if my method will work for sure. Idk why I'm babbling on like this but yeh, best of luck with your server :D

Callum Rowley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry but I don't think you're going to be getting anybody willing to donate a server to you. Running a server can be hard, especially when you get into settings permissions, etc. Don't forget the actual cost of running a server or the hassle if it's just a person running the server on their computer and not a company hosting it for you.
Anyway, I think you'll NEED a server with the world edit plugin because as far as I know, the most popular survival games plugin (dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/survival-games/) requires world edit to select positions of an arena and say that it's actually an arena.

Anyway, unfortunately I'm not able to help out. I'm currently developing my own server with a couple friends :D Damn, settings permissions for 18 plugins across 6 ranks and around 7 worlds individually is a real b***h...I don't even know if my method will work for sure. Idk why I'm babbling on like this but yeh, best of luck with your server :D

The server wouldn't actually be open to the public or need any permissions. We'd just have 1 world that the people would play on, and their would be a little bit of preparation, where we spawn the people into the server, and put them in their starting pods, that way the only use of worldedit would be building the map.

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would be interested in being a part of this!

Callum Rowley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would be interested in being a part of this!
Would you want to be a player, or crew i.e Building/cameraman. I don't want any builders to be playing, though they an record, as they would know where all the traps and chests are.

Justin Fowler

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Minecraft Hunger Games/Survival Games are plentiful, you may need to find a way to make yours different from the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Callum Rowley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Minecraft Hunger Games/Survival Games are plentiful, you may need to find a way to make yours different from the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
That is where mine is different, not in the actual games, but in the youtube coverage. This would be a much better map as it would be made properly, not randomly generated, and also the video coverage would be much better as it would show the highlights ect. and also have a commentary of the whole games.

Tom Douglas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You know what i really would be interested to be apart of this, this is one of the most uniqe minecraft ideas i've heard of in a while. how ever to make the production values good it would take so much effort, with the editing and the over layes, how ever i would be interested being a pundit?