Massive sub for sub drive sends my social blade *subscriber* ranking down 6000+ places!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
the recent change in $ policy has sent people crazy! Have you noticed the flood of sub for sub requests everywhere? It looks like people are taking it up. My subscriber count which went up 1000+ subscribers itself recently (before all this) thanks to a shoutout plus quality videos and it sent my sb rank from 1,400,000 or there about to 1,078,000 or there about. But today it fell to 1,086,000 or there about. Did 6000 people leapfrog me in a day? The video view rank was unaffected. If it is the case of a massive sub for sub, these people are in for a bad wake up call when the 4000hours doesn’t roll in and they can’t accelerate naturally anymore because of the massive number of inactives.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm not sure if I should merge this to the other thread or not (@Crown ???), because I've also noticed it's become a MASSIVE side-effect problem. Don't do Sub4Sub guys!!!! YouTube knows what you are doing, it's against their policy (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6051134?hl=en), and it will kill your channel's rankings by having an audience with low channel interaction. :S

Here is the thread discussing the monetization changes:
http://yttalk.com/threads/new-monetization-changes-4k-hours-1k-subs-discussion-here-only.274865/

I'm sad to see this many people doing this! It's unsustainable growth and doesn't work in the long-run! :(

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm not sure if I should merge this to the other thread or not (@Crown ???), because I've also noticed it's become a MASSIVE side-effect problem. Don't do Sub4Sub guys!!!! YouTube knows what you are doing, it's against their policy (), and it will kill your channel's rankings by having an audience with low channel interaction. :S

Here is the thread discussing the monetization changes:

I'm sad to see this many people doing this! It's unsustainable growth and doesn't work in the long-run! :(
If you merge it I’ll understand. Not trying to be a troublemaker But I’d rather start a different discussion about the chain reaction to the news. And I honestly can’t believe how literally everywhere, except here! has become sub for sub

I’ve actually decided to stop posting on social media for a while because I don’t want to be sucked in

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If you merge it I’ll understand. Not trying to be a troublemaker But I’d rather start a different discussion about the chain reaction to the news. And I honestly can’t believe how literally everywhere, except here! has become sub for sub
No worries! You're not a troublemaker. :) I agree with it being such a big problem right now that needs its own attention, but I still want to check with Crown. ^^ He makes really good judgement calls. :)

Hopefully people will simmer down with the sub4sub after a week. They'll eventually learn it doesn't work at all. :eek:

Reactions: chubbybots

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
@Gaijillionaire I wouldn't worry too much about Social Blade ranking, it can be very misleading and at times demoralising.

It's an interesting observation though, it would make sense that more people are trying sub4sub tactics following YouTubes subscriber requirements for monetisation. The new rules require an elevated watch time metric too though, so unless they start to do a watch4watch tactic it will all be a waste of time for them.

My personal opinion is that all these changes may lead to benefits for creators who are serious about their content. With fewer monetised channels and creators striving for higher quality videos there should (in theory) be more advertiser money to divide between fewer channels.

But then I'm an eternal optimist...

Oh! And stop being a trouble maker :giggle:

Reactions: nad and Crown

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Socialblade rankings is a big steaming pile of dog poo. ignore it, might shoots up and down all the time for no apparent reason, it makes little to no sense

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I only use SB as a quick glance at views and sub count. I don't really pay attention to anything else. I will be now taking steps to block sub4sub users and related words from my comments. Not interested in those that try to cheat the system.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get requests in my comment sections and I always reply with No sub4sub does not help you.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This thread can stay so long as it stays on topic - SocialBlade rankings.

But all discussion about the new monetization rules belongs in the other thread only -> http://yttalk.com/threads/new-monetization-changes-4k-hours-1k-subs-discussion-here-only.274865/
http://yttalk.com/threads/new-monetization-changes-4k-hours-1k-subs-discussion-here-only.274865/
_________

As for SocialBlade - Like the others have said - Who cares? It's a 3rd party ranking that has ZERO effect on a channel. The sub4subbers will get zapped by YouTube anyway when their channels get audited and they'll probably whine about that too.

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Yea I know it’s 3rd party and not perfect. I just wonder how many s4s is going on now after this. Just the announcement post by YouTube yesterday already has tons and tons of s4s and ok I got you now s4s me. So I just wonder what it’s doing and how to find out. Of course we know it leads to the grave yard. They don’t