Massive drop in views on kid channels

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Here is a very interesting article from Bloomberg outlining how YouTube plans on deploying its $100 million "kids content fund":

"Courage, curiosity, teamwork and self-control. These are four of the 12 criteria that YouTube will use in deciding what types of kids videos it will fund, according to a document the company sent to partners recently.

YouTube plans to spend $100 million to fund original kids programming over the next three years, following a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission in September. The programming will be for audiences aged 3 to 8, and be available exclusively on the YouTube Kids app."

Full article and source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-04/youtube-will-fund-kids-shows-based-on-these-12-words

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Here is a very interesting article from Bloomberg outlining how YouTube plans on deploying its $100 million "kids content fund":

"Courage, curiosity, teamwork and self-control. These are four of the 12 criteria that YouTube will use in deciding what types of kids videos it will fund, according to a document the company sent to partners recently.

YouTube plans to spend $100 million to fund original kids programming over the next three years, following a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission in September. The programming will be for audiences aged 3 to 8, and be available exclusively on the YouTube Kids app."

Full article and source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-04/youtube-will-fund-kids-shows-based-on-these-12-words
yt manager sent this to us. They want us to give them ideas for new cartoons and if they are ok then you have to make so many of them. I think it's not worth it since producing animation is expensive.

eric3316

Reaction score

I thought kids content is 13 and under? So if our audience is for kids 9 and older should we start marking it not for kids. It just goes to show you the YouTube kids app is truly for younger kids. Kids 8, 9 and up are not using the kids app and it's not geared for kids 9 and up.

Reactions: digitalist

lejack

Reaction score
I have a channel for children in Arabic, since the beginning of December but views have dropped, however before I had 1 million views per day, Youtube, only recommend the videos of cocomelon (in English), next to my videos, I seriously think that this channel belongs to Youtube or they are shareholders.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I have a channel for children in Arabic, since the beginning of December but views have dropped, however before I had 1 million views per day, Youtube, only recommend the videos of cocomelon (in English), next to my videos, I seriously think that this channel belongs to Youtube or they are shareholders.
View attachment 43976
I know. 100 mil views per day. It’s nuts. 3 billion views per month

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
amazon video direct revenue dropped by 3 times compared to a previous month and 8 times compared to 2019. So these corps are just trying to change policies every year to pay less less and make the most profits. Has anyone noticed? Typical amazon move of reduction.

Duck1986

Reaction score
Hi, so in the new year i did a lot of umming and arring aand evenntualky decided i could justify most of my videos as Not For Kids. They are animations primarily aimed at an Adult Fan of LEGO audience (sometimes containing significant historical violence) . Sadly, my channel has flatlined since January.

I'm confused as I expected this to happen to "for kids" videos but it's the NFK videos that are suffering.

Revenue is nice but its not my primary concern - my concern was the disconnect from my community by losing comments etc. As it is, I'm not getting any comments anyway at the moment due to lack of traffic.

Is youtube blocking traffic to my channel because they think I'm cheating the system? Or is it that other LEGO videos that are marked as For Kids are not able to recommend me?

Feeling pretty fed up and demotivated to continue.

Attachments

Reactions: Duongvinci

MeachamLake

Reaction score
How’s everyone’s revenue doing?

Jan and Feb haven’t been completely awful, surprisingly. The past two weeks in particular have been better on average than August last year.

All my videos are marked for kids.

ceznov

Reaction score
Hi!

My revenue is not much worse than a year go. But my channel was smaller a year ago, so this is not the best comparison. Looking at the statistics the biggest jump came in March. So I'm still waiting, but I don't think there is a chance it will grow significantly.