Massive drop in views on kid channels

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Another change “YouTube may terminate your access, or your Google account’s access to all or part of the Service if YouTube believes, in its sole discretion, that provision of the Service to you is no longer commercially viable.”

Every month a new surprise!
Is this something new? It seems like I read something like this a while back. All this means is that if they think they can't make money off of you, they might get rid of your channel. But most YouTube channels are not monetized, so I am not sure what they are talking about. I think it is just a CYB (Cover Your Butt) statement, in case they need a good excuse to get rid of you and cannot find anything else.

Duby

Reaction score
Is this something new? It seems like I read something like this a while back. All this means is that if they think they can't make money off of you, they might get rid of your channel. But most YouTube channels are not monetized, so I am not sure what they are talking about. I think it is just a CYB (Cover Your Butt) statement, in case they need a good excuse to get rid of you and cannot find anything else.
exactly, besides if you are a user who sees a lot of content with ad blockers, they will also close your account as you consume and do not pay to say it in any way, I deactivate my blocker immediately

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Here is a good explanation. I think this lawyer is right.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Here is a good explanation. I think this lawyer is right.
In other words, EXACTLY what I said! Of course, it only took me two sentences to say what it took this guy said in two thousand. He has to earn that lawyers degree I reckon. LOL!

Reactions: just Moto

SoSuperLoud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Not sure if it's been covered, but would those who pay for ads to promote their videos, get special attention? If someone was paying for ads, and they were checking their analytics, and seen a dramatic decrease in traffic, that would p**s them off.
I haven't had time to read this whole thread, so maybe something was mentioned about those who pay for videos to be promoted.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been covered, but would those who pay for ads to promote their videos, get special attention? If someone was paying for ads, and they were checking their analytics, and seen a dramatic decrease in traffic, that would p**s them off.
I haven't had time to read this whole thread, so maybe something was mentioned about those who pay for videos to be promoted.
Most people who buy ads are to sell their goods and not to increase views on their videos.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SoSuperLoud

SoSuperLoud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Most people who buy ads are to sell their goods and not to increase views on their videos.
I get what your saying.... most do
SSSniperwolf ran a channel trailer of her doing COSPLAY in Laura Croft outfit, and playing Call of Duty when she started advertising her youtube channel to grow.
Some create the channel trailer specifically to promote it. (I am sure you know this)

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
In other words, EXACTLY what I said! Of course, it only took me two sentences to say what it took this guy said in two thousand. He has to earn that lawyers degree I reckon. LOL!
from 24:42 It's not about if your channel and if you make any money for them or not.
I get what your saying.... most do
SSSniperwolf ran a channel trailer of her doing COSPLAY in Laura Croft outfit, and playing Call of Duty when she started advertising her youtube channel to grow.
Some create the channel trailer specifically to promote it. (I am sure you know this)
it might work with some niche like you have a video where you are a real estate agent and need to sell a house. But in kid niche your ad budget must be very large to get some effect.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SoSuperLoud