Massive drop in views on kid channels

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Well , I thought things were changing, I was on a roll the past 2 weeks as the views were going up almost daily , until yesterday, then BANG.....almost like a switch, lost over half my daily views. I don't mean, they were removed, I mean that my most popular 3 videos had their views drop by half, so i guess they were suggested videos and my videos " all of a sudden , all 3 of them " lost placement....dare I say throttled ?? Also on average about 15 of my top 25 were made pre-2016 ....despite having made about 600 videos since then...and they aren't huge views, my top video is getting only 180 views per hour....not like the old days for sure...so my total views per hour now is 700 vph, and I have 2880 videos.... sad...
And to think when we started only 24% of kids in the US watched Youtube regularly and now that 56% of kids are watching Youtube everyday in the US, views are down. Channels like yours brought all the viewers and now Youtube has no loyalty to the ones that started it all. Where did all the views go? Youtube has certainly steered views toward more legitimate content, but it is obvious that they are preparing to steer kids to content that they can arguably claim is actually a kid over 13 watching so the ad money can keep flowing. It is quite sad, but fortunately those in leadership at Youtube LLC are going to be held accountable. No one is above the law.

Last edited:

ianmacdon

I've Got It
Reaction score
And to think when we started only 24% of kids in the US watched Youtube regularly and now that 56% of kids are watching Youtube everyday in the US, views are down. Channels like yours brought all the viewers and now Youtube has no loyalty to the ones that started it all. It is quite sad, but fortunately those in leadership at Youtube LLC are going to be held accountable. No one is the above the law.
That has been the part that always bothered me.... there is also no seniority....meaning, when I started this in 2007, I was one of the first ...and anyone, and there have been thousands,,, who copied my ideas/ niche / formats , made their own kids videos and made a fortune. It would have been nice out of respect if youtube threw in a few of my videos into the successful kids videos suggested panels...nope, and I made 2800 of them all clean, all evergreen, and yet all buried under millions of other videos. who know what next year will bring. If they separate kids app, I suspect viewership will plummet.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
yt talk, please fix misspeled woirds red line . If you misspell it doesnt underline in red untill you start clicking here and there

That's nothing to do with YTtalk - It's your browser.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
That has been the part that always bothered me.... there is also no seniority....meaning, when I started this in 2007, I was one of the first ...and anyone, and there have been thousands,,, who copied my ideas/ niche / formats , made their own kids videos and made a fortune. It would have been nice out of respect if youtube threw in a few of my videos into the successful kids videos suggested panels...nope, and I made 2800 of them all clean, all evergreen, and yet all buried under millions of other videos. who know what next year will bring. If they separate kids app, I suspect viewership will plummet.
I understand where you are coming from, but I have to say that I long ago gave up the fantasy that YT cares about or even knows about most of us. YT is part of google and it is a monstrosity that cares about NO ONE! It cares about one thing and one thing only, MAKING MONEY. It holds no feeling of loyalty, seniority, devotion or any such emotions. It will kill it's top channel without blinking if they think it is hurting them. YT is too BIG to care about any one individual channel, no matter big it is. They have way more than enough content to replace any channel and even the top ten channels, and thousands of creators lined up to take those channels places.

YouTube is NOT your friend. It is a company that is in business to make money off of your hard work. That is all it is and ever will be. It owes no one nothing and will never put your best interest first. It will always put their interest first without any consideration for you. I accept this and have chosen to work in this environment. I expect YT to give me nothing. I work my butt off in the hopes that my work will produce a return for my efforts, but, I realize that what I am doing is all a huge gamble with no guaranty and huge risk.

Reactions: ianmacdon

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Why do youtube allow duplication? Why did YouTube give them three diamond buttons for duplicate content?

https://youtube.com/channel/UCJplp5SjeGSdVdwsfb9Q7lQ
https: // youtube.com/channel/UCtyr6UXUdZJJHuWGKzoiLfg

at the end it's all about the content. If kids go back to watch the algorithm will promote it no matter what

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Well , I thought things were changing, I was on a roll the past 2 weeks as the views were going up almost daily , until yesterday, then BANG.....almost like a switch, lost over half my daily views. I don't mean, they were removed, I mean that my most popular 3 videos had their views drop by half, so i guess they were suggested videos and my videos " all of a sudden , all 3 of them " lost placement....dare I say throttled ?? Also on average about 15 of my top 25 were made pre-2016 ....despite having made about 600 videos since then...and they aren't huge views, my top video is getting only 180 views per hour....not like the old days for sure...so my total views per hour now is 700 vph, and I have 2880 videos.... sad...
you are still doing better than before. I like your new channel name "Lightning". As far as views they are unpredictable. It is the same everywhere and there is no reason. It's like they activated random feature. Maybe they balance views across

Reactions: ianmacdon

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
That's nothing to do with YTtalk - It's your browser.
same here, if you mispell it will highlight and then the red line will disappear and sometimes appear. I use firefox

wickisworld

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been taking a long hiatus due to similar issues being talked about here (plus health reasons). Mine actually started in May. We weren't super successful yet, but things were growing really fast and several of our videos were getting a good amount of views for quite a while and growing by the day. Then BAM. In an instant we went from getting at least a few thousand views a day to nothing. For days we literally stayed at 0. We are now getting maybe 100 (ish) views total on a good day. Now with all of the issues with the FTC, I wonder if it's even worth trying even though we do enjoy the process of making videos.

Last edited:

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've been taking a long hiatus due to similar issues being talked about here (plus health reasons). Mine actually started in May. We weren't super successful yet, but things were growing really fast and several of our videos were getting a good amount of views for quite a while and growing by the day. Then BAM. In an instant we went from getting at least a few thousand views a day to nothing. For days we literally stayed at 0. We are now getting maybe 100 (ish) views total on a good day. Now with all of the issues with the FTC, I wonder if it's even worth trying even though we do enjoy the process of making videos.
Do not lose hope. The same exact thing happened to me in 2017 when the Adpocolyps hit. Recovery from that was slow and tedious but my channel is finally rolling along like it was back then. This to shall pass.

Reactions: wickisworld