Massive drop in views on kid channels

Apples008

Reaction score
Anyone else get a message saying we are taking your verification badge away under new rules?

I've seen a lot of big channels killed off.

Reactions: just Moto

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Anyone else get a message saying we are taking your verification badge away under new rules?

does it matter? do you get less views with no badge?

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
does it matter? do you get less views with no badge?
Anything's possible. Distance themselves from certain channels for a while before cutting the chord

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

We have a thread discussing it here -

Reactions: markkaz

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
We are getting our verification badge taken away as well. I honestly have never had a lower opinion of Youtube than I do now. Every single video we upload gets killed within a few hours. We are fortunate that some videos from previous years still get decent views, but obviously this won't last forever. This is very difficult to handle when you agree to a sponsored video and know that it won't perform as well as your historical channel statistics suggest it will.

I find it interesting that Ryan Toysreview made a video titled, "Learn Why do we Cry and more Educational Video for Kids!!!". It is one hour full of educational content. They have never done this on their channel, but now that it is necessary for survival they do it and Youtube gives it 11 million views. Their meta tags on the video consist of "learning video for todllers (sic)" (yes the mom can't even spell toddlers in an "educational" video), "for children educational", "learn about", "one hour of learning", "one hour of educational videos", "learning", "learning video for kids", and "educational videos for kids." Ryan's parents have collected millions upon millions of dollars thanks to the early creators that made this kind of content popular on Youtube. They didn't arrive on the scene until 2015 long after it was well known money could be made. Despite all of this money and resources, they have done absolutely nothing to advocate for those that make content in this space. The mother used to actually post on this forum, but of course she no longer needs to now. They will almost certainly be included in the 100 million being dedicated to creators by Youtube and they have expanded well outside of Youtube as they have signed every endorsement deal humanly possible.

Although I have many flaws myself, one thing I have always believed in, particularly after becoming a supervisor in a government entity, is to never forget where you came from. Although I remain optimistic that Youtube will somehow do the right thing in the end, I take solace in knowing that there are those willing and able to hold those responsible for this debacle accountable. For clarity purposes, I have no official influence or ability beyond those of an average citizen to advocate for any indictment or punitive measure taken against any said person or entity.

Last edited:

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
We are getting our verification badge taken away as well. I honestly have never had a lower opinion of Youtube than I do now. Every single video we upload gets killed within a few hours. We are fortunate that some videos from previous years still get decent views, but obviously this won't last forever. This is very difficult to handle when you agree to a sponsored video and know that it won't perform as well as your historical channel statistics suggest it will.

I find it interesting that Ryan Toysreview made a video titled, "Learn Why do we Cry and more Educational Video for Kids!!!". It is one hour full of educational content. They have never done this on their channel, but now that it is necessary for survival they do it and Youtube gives it 11 million views. Their meta tags on the video consist of "learning video for todllers (sic)" (yes the mom can't even spell toddlers in an "educational" video), "for children educational", "learn about", "one hour of learning", "one hour of educational videos", "learning", "learning video for kids", and "educational videos for kids." Ryan's parents have collected millions upon millions of dollars thanks to the early creators that made this kind of content popular on Youtube. They didn't arrive on the scene until 2015 long after it was well known money could be made. Despite all of this money and resources, they have done absolutely nothing to advocate for those that make content in this space. The mother used to actually post on this forum, but of course she no longer needs to now. They will almost certainly be included in the 100 million being dedicated to creators by Youtube and they have expanded well outside of Youtube as they have signed every endorsement deal humanly possible.

Although I have many flaws myself, one thing I have always believed in, particularly after becoming a supervisor in a government entity, is to never forget where you came from. Although I remain optimistic that Youtube will somehow do the right thing in the end, I take solace in knowing that there are those willing and able to hold those responsible for this debacle accountable. For clarity purposes, I have no official influence or ability beyond those of an average citizen to advocate for any indictment or punitive measure taken against any said person or entity.
Government like FTC ruined it for all kids creators and you work for them. Well don’t complain you know how evil they are. They don’t care. YouTube did fine for 10 years with targeted ads now all the sudden it is a problem. FTC just wants some money they care less about kids. Looking forward to a day when block chains will replace greedy bankers and governments.

Last edited:

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Government like FTC ruined it for all kids creators and you work for them. Well don’t complain you know how evil they are. They don’t care. YouTube did fine for 10 years with targeted ads now all the sudden it is a problem. FTC just wants some money they care less about kids. Looking forward to a day when block chains will replace greedy bankers and governments.
If I worked for the FTC, I would not be commenting on a public message forum about this topic. The FTC was completely in the right for enforcing existing federal law. It is Google and a few bad actors within the kids space that are to blame. The US government although not perfect works around the clock to keep Americans safe and is one of the least corrupt governments in the world. I will leave it at that for purposes of brevity and to remain on topic. At the end of day, a lot of small and medium size kid creators are going to be wiped out if someone doesn't organize an effort to lobby for our interests. It is sometimes difficult to put your name out there because nefarious individuals can hurt a medium size channel with click fraud and other acts of sabotage. Google is notorious for refusing to protect creators from this type of stuff so it can be challenging to speak up. At this rate though where Youtube is literally killing channels with over 10 years of legitimate credibility, it is really becoming a moot point.

Reactions: markkaz

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
If I worked for the FTC, I would not be commenting on a public message forum about this topic. The FTC was completely in the right for enforcing existing federal law. It is Google and a few bad actors within the kids space that are to blame. The US government although not perfect works around the clock to keep Americans safe and is one of the least corrupt governments in the world. I will leave it at that for purposes of brevity and to remain on topic. At the end of day, a lot of small and medium size kid creators are going to be wiped out if someone doesn't organize an effort to lobby for our interests. It is sometimes difficult to put your name out there because nefarious individuals can hurt a medium size channel with click fraud and other acts of sabotage. Google is notorious for refusing to protect creators from this type of stuff so it can be challenging to speak up. At this rate though where Youtube is literally killing channels with over 10 years of legitimate credibility, it is really becoming a moot point.
It’s an old law when internet was in its infancy. That law even says you cannot upload photos and voices of kids now some kids make millions online. The law needs to be changed and FTC needs to get rid of old staff they got now and hire tech savvy

Last edited: