Massive drop in views on kid channels

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
We are a mix of unboxings, just playing with toys, and skits with more of a focus on skits in the last two years.... we had hoped to move away from toy unboxings for a variety of reasons, but the algorithm stopped promoting many of our skits last fall and we have returned a bit to unboxings, but always with a skit component.
What if they nuked channels by tags like unboxing, toys etc

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That can't be true... look at Kinder Spielzeug Kanal... they are killing it! Anyway, I hope we get some kind of explanation. I am grateful that we've been able to make some money for our family and since I still maintain a full-time job I don't rely substantially on our YT income. However, this should be a cautionary tale for everyone trying to run a business on YT- whether you support YT kids content or not - you can be crushed overnight even if you are a good actor with no explanation. I've been diversifying onto other platforms for the last 9 months just in case of such an event. I never expected it to be so sudden, though.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I only know one platform is amazon direct. That’s about it.

Apples008

Reaction score
Any update on this! This is very bad news. One minute have a successful business the next nothing.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
If only we knew what criteria the algorithm used to purge some channels and double or even triple the traffic to others.

Reactions: JackJack

Esra

Reaction score
I think everyone has to ask support team or partner manager.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Google has been pushing a lot of traffic for kids channels to youtube kids. Google is expected to pay a heavy fine to the FTC next week. Getting videos approved for youtube kids is somewhat difficult and I suspect most kids content will be off the main youtube site very soon. They have also initiated a self rating feature for creators to ensure that the kids content is appropriate. I think the only way for Google to survive this is to only allow so many kid content creators and create a zero tolerance policy. There a lot of bad actors particularly from countries that do not have an acceptable legal system. Google has no choice but to cut them out in order to comply with federal law.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I doubt they will remove content that doesn’t violate any tos. They might add a check box about privacy before showing the ads that you agree after all they have ads on yt kids app itself
plus its their fault not creators fault.

Last edited:

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I doubt they will remove content that doesn’t violate any tos. They might add a check box about privacy before showing the ads that you agree
The TOS states, "If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you." Google can't continue to allow content clearly aimed at kids under 13 on the main site unless they set up an account log-in requirement or make the viewer input an age. Youtube would also need to have an algorithm that encourages using the youtube kids app. You can't just get fined by the FTC and not institute substantive change. I understand kids content can never be truly removed from the main Youtube site, but I can assure you that it will be decreased significantly. An age-gate won't prevent kids from lying about their age, but it will prevent a child that can't read from being able to mindlessly click thumbnails of bad content that is mostly from Eastern Europe and Asian countries.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
peppa pig is watched even by kids above 13 so how they will deal with it. They need a check box option where they will say that will collect data

Last edited: