Massive drop in views on kid channels

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
The Justice Department is still reviewing the settlement. Kids content will most likely no longer be suggested unless a logged-in youtube account is present. Targeted ads will not play on kids content and the algorithm will push kids content to youtube kids app by making the kids experience most ideal on that platform. Youtube will most likely not offer an alternative solution for revenue for quite some time. This will allow them to clean up the space.
unless you have 100% info these are just rumors. Youtube has thousands of partners world wide making quality kid content. they wont make them suffer. They just dont need garbage content like this
this is what they are trying to clean but after july, 11 some quality channels got hit. They more likely will add an option to each account saying they will collect data

Reactions: markkaz

TTA

Reaction score
Take a look at your analytics for devices. For me, tablet took a quick hit but then returned to normal levels. Desktop and mobile remain crushed. These tells me that my videos are probably being shown/suggested only on YouTube Kids and not the main app/site anymore.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Take a look at your analytics for devices. For me, tablet took a quick hit but then returned to normal levels. Desktop and mobile remain crushed. These tells me that my videos are probably being shown/suggested only on YouTube Kids and not the main app/site anymore.
So they created a reward system. If your channel is really good and popular on yt kids then they give you some traffic on regular platform. Idk. It’s just crazy

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Also they recommend big channels way more. We used to have our stuff recommended more but now it’s just peppapig. So there is a skew in recommendation toward large channels they trust.

Reactions: hifriends

TTA

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with any platforms outside of amazon?

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with any platforms outside of amazon?
Facebook but it failed. You need 30000 min a month plus 10k sub to be always eligible. Once you hit bellow you drop. Plus not that many parents think of Facebook for the kid content. Roku is one more. But you need to make an app. That’s about it. China but it is not easy to get there. So there is a good opportunity to make an alternative platform :) I cannot imagine the resources one will need to have.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Instead of that, look for “product type”. You may need to click on “‘more”. Youtube kids app data is in there. It will tell you exactly how much youre getting. There are youtube kids app mobile users.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score

Please watch.
i think the change was made to be more biased towards official channels like peppa pig, etc. So all 3rd party channels using copyrighted characters like peppa pig, disney lost their traffic because it was redirected towards official channels like peppa pig.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Please watch.
He doesn't own the rights to Peppa Pig, Toy Story and all the other copyrighted and trademarked characters he has on his channel. Why does he think he should earn money off the backs of other people's creations? In the above video, he says he "loved" making those videos and he's now really upset. Well why is he stopping then if he "loved" it so much ? That's a rhetorical question btw. We all know it was all about the money. Based on his view count, he has made $100k+ in a year. He should be thankful he earned so much for so long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apatz and markkaz