Massive drop in views on kid channels

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I know I have posted on this thread quite extensively. This will most likely be my last post. As a kid content creator that I feel helped make kids content popular on Youtube and as someone that has done things the right way even resisting the temptation and greed associated with money, I no longer wish to be associated with a company like Youtube. I wrote the CEO reference my grievances and I received no response after waiting a sufficient period of time. I am going to finish out using the platform for a few more videos reference contracts that have been previously signed with brands and after that I am leaving the platform. The algorithm change has destroyed our views and there simply is no path forward. It is absolutely impossible to get new videos shown on the platform at least for some channels. If Youtube wants to be Ryan's World then so be it. I hope to one day be able to tell a story and reveal how Youtube failed kid content creators.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopFelya

ianmacdon

I've Got It
Reaction score
I told to YT creators support if you will not fix your bloody algorithm I will stop uploading new content. Im very disappointed and about to stop uploading
"They said to me please don't stop , we are appreciate your hard work"
I think they reply with these kind of standard answers to everybody.

Last week I did a small test ! I did upload my own video to my friend YT channel ( we do film the same content ) His channel got 36K subs ( compare to my one 108K ) and his views are rocketing now. The result is : my video in 2 days got already over 65K views compare to my one 2,5 views. I did asked them what is that ? How could you explain it ? I did not received proper answer. They always keep telling the lies. Improve you content , make better thumbnails etc
That was a great experiment I was thinking the same thing,. I did the opposite experiment, I was given a professional video by an excellent 3D animation creator, wnd he usually gets thousands of views on his videos, but when I uploaded his on my channel, it is a dud.....but then again, when he makes any bnew video it gets thousands of views. Makes me thing some channels are literally shadowbanned , or throttled....

Reactions: TopFelya

ilikeswords64

Reaction score
I'm several hours into the FTC Workshop about COPPA and all that I have to say is... it is time to start making Fitness & Wellness Videos. The introduction made it very clear that they have little interest in repealing any part of their decision and all of these panels are heavily weighted with people who want to somehow make the laws even more strict. All of these creators who said they were going to rise up and be represented are not getting screen time. At one point it was suggested that YouTube gate the entire website and not allow anything other than logged-in access (could you imagine?), to which YouTube's VP of Content Partnerships squirmed through an answer. The Rovio guy might as well have stayed home in Finland... it was clear that his goal was to publicly address that his company was compliant and not do much else for us - he almost seemed scared. I could tell by the general demeanor of the Pokemon guy that he felt the whole thing was bull. Those who were clinging onto hope, It is time to stop making videos for kids. Start making makeup videos or something. GDPR (think Mega COPPA) was passed in California, there were many supporters of aspects of it in these panels, and it is clear that it is going to spread. I think that the bar is going to be raised to 18 and you'll be kissing all of your science videos aimed at teenagers goodbye. Don't waste your time now. Choose a new niche. The CPM's are better anyway. Work on Business or Website Development niche to pull in the big web advertisers or something. Do a home repair blog to pull in the big insurance advertisers. Anything but kids.

• Sad
Reactions: ianmacdon and Dario

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
it's crazy. I hope FTC kids will be watching tons of garbage since they are ruining kids content creators

Reactions: ianmacdon

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
For 10 years targeted ads were there and did no harm to any child. Now let's step in and ruin everything, FTC. Right? I think ftc and their greedy lawyers wanna make lots of bucks through lawsuits. I wonder what their bonuses are off each lawsuit?

They need to solve this instead they threw creators under the train. That place has very unprofessional, computer illiterate people

Attachments

Last edited:

moshi

Reaction score
Creators are SCARED:

The thing is, they are forcing all creators falling this grey area of "not toy reviews but attractive to kids" such as all animation content etc, to flag themselves as "targeted to kids" because we have this cuck looking guy on the FTC calling us "fish" and youtube "a barrel", so with that bully mentality they are forcing contents to basically kill themselves or risk a massive sue.

My content for instance, falls into a similar demographic to this:

Kids obviously love this, but why would force the creator to kill his career by claiming its targeted to kids? but this is the risk you are under if you don't.

If they f**k up all those great, actually creative (unlike all those gameplay channels which will get a free pass) channels, I really hope their kids end up watching unappropiate stuff on Youtube because that is all that will be left with those rules in place, and guess what, no kid that knows how to read will ever go into Youtube Kids because they all play Fortnite by that age, and those dumbasses there thing they know how things work.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I won't post any specific companies, but I would like to stress that it is time to leave Youtube if you are a brand friendly kid content creator. Significant amounts of money are being invested to challenge Youtube and Kid brands have taken notice. Kids content can only be managed 100% lawfully through curated content. Since Youtube refuses to reward the loyal content creators that made Youtube popular for kids, we must leave the platform to the wasteland of content farms, copyright infringement, and Ryan's World. It will take time to supplant Youtube, but with dedication and hard work it can be done.

ianmacdon

I've Got It
Reaction score
I won't post any specific companies, but I would like to stress that it is time to leave Youtube if you are a brand friendly kid content creator. Significant amounts of money are being invested to challenge Youtube and Kid brands have taken notice. Kids content can only be managed 100% lawfully through curated content. Since Youtube refuses to reward the loyal content creators that made Youtube popular for kids, we must leave the platform to the wasteland of content farms, copyright infringement, and Ryan's World. It will take time to supplant Youtube, but with dedication and hard work it can be done.
HOW ???

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
even amazon and facebook cannot. Youtube has no competition with this much traffic.
To build infrastarcture like youtube i cannot imagine how much money that is

Last edited: