Massive drop in views on kid channels

ilikeswords64

Reaction score
the views have gone to cocomelon, kids diana show, nastya and papa, and all their respective channels in all languages ..
Just remember everyone - the FTC isn't in the YT control room ripping thousands out of your wallet by turning your analytics into a seismograph right now. Jeremy Johnston's petition needs an addendum.

Reactions: Redterrors and Duby

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator

So... even if your animation has gore/violence/language, because thumbnail has an art style a kid might like and is a cartoon, you still mark it as kids? What....? It makes no damn sense.

SoSuperLoud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Is there a way to dispute a video that has been set as Made for Kids (Set by Youtube)?
Are they assuming if a video has the words Kids, such as Kids React Too, is made for kids, just because it has kids in the title, and kids in the video?
If my channel has some videos that are Play Ideas for Parents, and shows the kids playing the given idea, and is directed at adults, or parents, then it should not be labeled as For Kids.

Kids is also a term used by some communities, such as gamers, to refer to other people in the game as "bad at the game" or "squeakers", or "annoying" or just a descriptive term for people not better than you, used in a comical way. Many use that term in the title. I can see their videos possibly getting set as For Kids.

I seriously doubt that youtube has the manpower to watch every video, so it's most likely an automated process as well.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Is there a way to dispute a video that has been set as Made for Kids (Set by Youtube)?
Are they assuming if a video has the words Kids, such as Kids React Too, is made for kids, just because it has kids in the title, and kids in the video?
If my channel has some videos that are Play Ideas for Parents, and shows the kids playing the given idea, and is directed at adults, or parents, then it should not be labeled as For Kids.

Kids is also a term used by some communities, such as gamers, to refer to other people in the game as "bad at the game" or "squeakers", or "annoying" or just a descriptive term for people not better than you, used in a comical way. Many use that term in the title. I can see their videos possibly getting set as For Kids.

I seriously doubt that youtube has the manpower to watch every video, so it's most likely an automated process as well.
I will say this again because evidently people do not understand this yet. Whether or not a video is MADE for kids, has less than NOTHING to do with this FTC rule. Zip, Zero. Zilch, Nada! Try to understand this. The FTC does not care WHY you made the video, what your target audience is, or who said what in it. None of this matters a hill of beans. The only thing that the FTC cares about is if your content is "APPEALLING" to kids. The FTC defines Child Content as any content that is Artactive or Appealing to kids. And since we are talking about kids up to the age of 13, we are essentially talking about all TEEN content as well, and maybe even young adult content too.

This is why I am vehemently opposed to this and doing everything in my power to fight it.

• Love
Reactions: SoSuperLoud

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
A must watch. This is from an attorney that was a federal law clerk and was a SAUSA prosecutor for the US Attorney for the Eastern District of California. Very grim picture here.

Last edited:

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
A must watch. This is from an attorney that was a federal law clerk and was a SAUSA prosecutor for the US Attorney for the Eastern District of California. Very grim picture here.

Hey, I think this guy used my comments on this thread for the script for this video. LOL!

SoSuperLoud

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So they are going after Ryan's World, and others to follow.
I wonder what the FTC does with all this money, like the 170M from google?

Probably some mafia money laundering stuff going on...