Massive drop in views on kid channels

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Instead of trying to transition your channel and deceive the system, designate your content properly and show the FTC that kid content creators are law abiding small businesses that want to protect children, not hurt them. All of these stories about channels just doing it for the family bonding and they had no expectation of making money is really showing to be all bogus. It is all about the money. For those kid content creators that are proudly designating their channel and continuing to make quality content, good job. Youtube may not appreciate you, but parents and the United States government does.
it's not just about the money. Animators have bills to pay too. You expect to get paid for your work. Content production is EXPENSIVE. So for Disney it is all about the money. They buy a company after a company.

ilikeswords64

Reaction score

Has this video been shared?
I hope that this video helps to further outline the fact that there is not a light at the end of the tunnel for kids nichers. YouTube has not absorbed the backlash from creators in this segment, and is responding on the same exact level with the same exact messaging that was used in September. No personalized ads, no comments, no infocards, no endscreens, no stories, no community tab, no notification bell, no save to watch later, no save to playlist. Throw a fit about it, but also make provisions for your future. Change your niche to try and develop an alternative revenue stream, and sue in the process (lawsuits take a long time) if you feel that laws have been broken. To those who are thinking that they are going to slip through this situation by not clicking a simple checkbox, Google Cloud Vision AI (look it up - you can even play around with their demo) is crawling your content frame-by-frame, and Google can easily use that technology to provide bulk recommendations to the FTC for which fish to shoot in the barrel (FTC's words, not mine). The math shows that in order to obtain a family sustaining wage on YouTube, you have to perform well. Those top performers will rise to the top, and will be targeted. You might think that you are fine because your channel is small and not overly-visible. You have to look at your endgame if rising to the top is ultimately your goal. Do it in a niche where you can succeed!

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
What this means Viewers wont be able to SAVE to playlist?
They wont be able to create playlists with our videos? How is this against COPPA WTF

Attachments

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I hope that this video helps to further outline the fact that there is not a light at the end of the tunnel for kids nichers. YouTube has not absorbed the backlash from creators in this segment, and is responding on the same exact level with the same exact messaging that was used in September. No personalized ads, no comments, no infocards, no endscreens, no stories, no community tab, no notification bell, no save to watch later, no save to playlist. Throw a fit about it, but also make provisions for your future. Change your niche to try and develop an alternative revenue stream, and sue in the process (lawsuits take a long time) if you feel that laws have been broken. To those who are thinking that they are going to slip through this situation by not clicking a simple checkbox, Google Cloud Vision AI (look it up - you can even play around with their demo) is crawling your content frame-by-frame, and Google can easily use that technology to provide bulk recommendations to the FTC for which fish to shoot in the barrel (FTC's words, not mine). The math shows that in order to obtain a family sustaining wage on YouTube, you have to perform well. Those top performers will rise to the top, and will be targeted. You might think that you are fine because your channel is small and not overly-visible. You have to look at your endgame if rising to the top is ultimately your goal. Do it in a niche where you can succeed!
Why no end screens? How is this against privacy?

anonymousssss

Reaction score
Instead of trying to transition your channel and deceive the system, designate your content properly and show the FTC that kid content creators are law abiding small businesses that want to protect children, not hurt them. All of these stories about channels just doing it for the family bonding and they had no expectation of making money is really showing to be all bogus. It is all about the money. For those kid content creators that are proudly designating their channel and continuing to make quality content, good job. Youtube may not appreciate you, but parents and the United States government does.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
FTC stands for These Children They dont care about kids. Damn politicians

Last edited:

ilikeswords64

Reaction score
Why no end screens? How is this against privacy?
End screens contain an option for a behaviorally targeted video. I personally disagree with the assessment here, as end screens can be used for other purposes with other video options. This however just further illustrates and emphasizes my point on YouTube's feelings on the matter. The walls are closing in.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
So will they delete all our playlists and user made playlists?

Last year: No adult content allowed on YouTube.
This year: No kids content allowed on YouTube.
Next year: No content allowed on YouTube.

• Haha
Reactions: SoSuperLoud

ilikeswords64

Reaction score
So will they delete all our playlists and user made playlists?
From YT:
  • Personal advertising
  • Comments
  • Channel branding watermark
  • Donate button
  • Info cards or End screens
  • Live Chat or Live Chat Donations
  • Playback in the Miniplayer
  • Super Chat or Super Stickers
  • Save to playlist
  • Stories
  • The Community Tab in the Channel page
  • Notification bell
  • Channel Memberships
  • Merch Shelf
Apply your skills toward a different niche. They can't take those away from you!

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Im not much of a vlogger so havent done that yet. But ive found plenty of channels with adult toy collecting audience like youtube channels for funko pop, hot wheels, 80s toys etc. (You can tell from comments). Im in facebook groups with adult collectors of disney cars. There are jeff goldblum loving jurassic world fan clubs. So im trying to transition. I just need youtube to connect me to that adult audience that is out there. Changes take time. The ai marked my newer videos as made for kids. So i guess im not doing a good enough job. I was hoping to still serve a general audience but i think i need to rebrand and remove the family friendly part. #deathtofamilyfriendlycontent

Last edited: