Massive Adwords charge

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've used Google Adwords charge a couple of times, I know how it works and I wanted to give it one more go to see if it would help my channel. I set it up, put my daily budget to £5 and left the CPV at the default £0.03. I chose to have the views accelerated, I would rather have them as quick as possible than spread out. As soon as it hit midnight it went active, I apparently received 1,500 views and a cost of £27.51 in literally 1 minute. I'm unsure of why I was charged such an extreme amount. I set my limit, I understand it can go slightly over but that's several times the amount and I'm not sure why as no information I've put on there authorized such an amount.

Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Just noticed one of the previous ones I set up I was charged £13 when my budget was again only £5

Last edited:

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hmm, it's normal to go over your daily budget by a little but what you're experiencing is a quite a bit. the best thing to do is call google adwords directly. I've called them before and they've actually been helpful in the past.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hmm, it's normal to go over your daily budget by a little but what you're experiencing is a quite a bit. the best thing to do is call google adwords directly. I've called them before and they've actually been helpful in the past.
I've sent them a message through the help section, hopefully they reply and fix it. If the charge had even gone up to £8 I would have just accepted it but £27.50 is such a huge amount more.

Not only that but all the views happened in 1 minute and not a single one out of the 1,500 gave a like, dislike, comment etc, I find that hard to believe, I'm not even sure they were genuine.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
When it comes to the billing, you won't be charged for the surplus. It'll automatically adjust it. I'm guessing that since the budget was so small and the fact you used the "accelerated" option, it didn't have time to put the brakes on and stop serving ads. I'm sure it'll be sorted out when they reply to you.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Same thing happened to me once.
But I only had to pay my daily budget + 10% I think it was.
I think they can charge you up to 10% over budget.

Reactions: Crown