Mass edit descriptions and titles

Sam Lyon

Reaction score
Hello!

I just did a revamp of all of my descriptions, as well as edited the titles of all my videos.

Unfortunately, Ever since i did it I've been getting less views, subs, and sometimes the view could doesn't even increase after a view.

Is there any correlation??

Did i just do a big no no?

Thanks!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. The YTtalk help forum is for forum-specific help.

I believe every time you edit a video's thumbnail, description, tags, title, etc..Google needs to redo the video's placement in the search results. It can make it better or worse than what it had been..

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello!

I just did a revamp of all of my descriptions, as well as edited the titles of all my videos.

Unfortunately, Ever since i did it I've been getting less views, subs, and sometimes the view could doesn't even increase after a view.

Is there any correlation??

Did i just do a big no no?

Thanks!
Mass uploading/descriptions change/comments is seen as spam by Google/YouTube's algorithm, so they try to hide it from search results and suggestions. That's why you see decrease in views. Wait some time, eventually the algorithm will figure out it's not spam and restore the old placements of your videos. Next time don't do bulk updates, but in chunks.

Reactions: zhkopec

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
As a general PSA, if you have a good video, DONT change the thumbnail, title, description of it. YT will re-analyze it and it most likely won't perform as well as it was.

Reactions: Ocean Chan

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
As a general PSA, if you have a good video, DONT change the thumbnail, title, description of it. YT will re-analyze it and it most likely won't perform as well as it was.

This is true. I have seen this first hand and my YouTube partner manager also confirmed to me that this happens. Basically if you have a video that is performing well, don't touch it or make tweaks to the meta-data. If it's not broken, don't fix it. :)

Reactions: zhkopec

KreativeVein

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I've heard changing any meta data will hurt your video for the most part.

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I agree with the 'If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.
After uploading my new video, I saw that I ranked 6 for a small niche (used incognito/signed out). I changed title and added some meta and watched it fall a few spots down. I was playing around it with it, then forgot the original tags and title I used. Oops. Now, I'm trying to figure how to get back to the 6th spot.

Sam Lyon

Reaction score
Thank y'all for the responses! I guess i did do a "big no no" lol.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thank y'all for the responses! I guess i did do a "big no no" lol.

Chances are it will recover back to where it was but it'll take a bit of time (we're talking several weeks). ^^

Sam Lyon

Reaction score
oh Jheeeeez. I know what not to do! Thanks mucho
Chances are it will recover back to where it was but it'll take a bit of time (we're talking several weeks). ^^