Maroon 5 - Payphone(A Matrix Love Story Video)

GuerrillaDayProject

Guerrilla Day Players
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Loads of Respect for sticking to footage only from The Matrix and not the subsequent sequels. No offense, AniMatrix. You created a nice linear edit of the events and archs of the film-- We were hoping to see more time spent in the Payphone settings-- theres so much footage to work with, that you could've stayed in that environment for the entire song, and used rhythm and contrast to keep it interesting. Great idea, tying these pop-culture icons together-- we'd've done something obvious like the film PhoneBooth -- since there'd be no shortage of footage to draw from.

GamerKeebzy

A Wild Keebzy Appears!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
meh my only problem with using tht whole song is wiz khalifa's rap segment, it just takes away from the song i think lol n it is a love song so u do need a love story in the video, phonebooth doesnt really seem to match the song in any way other than the title of the song :/

GuerrillaDayProject

Guerrilla Day Players
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
phonebooth doesnt really seem to match the song in any way other than the title of the song :/
You've got the profound looks through the glass from Trinity and Neo at the end of the film dialing. I'd seen it as an intercutting of the two, using the Kuleshov effect. You could intercut Trinity's lengthy phone coversation with Cypher in as well as the team aboard the nebechadezzar plugged in. The sparks in the end, over the plugged in neo. I suppose I expected less of a narrative throughline from the linear story and more focus on the song which is repetitive-- certainly didn't mean to undercut your cut-- just throwing an angle out there.