Making YouTube Videos With Anxiety

Snowattic

Reaction score
I am new here, and i am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I live with my family and I have my own room which is sound proof, I want to do youtube, they say they can't hear me when I record, but that's because I whisper and mumble because i think talking and recording is stupid, well i dont think its stupid but i think they might find it stupid because im just talking to myself while playing a video game, I have to record in the night time so my parents do not come in my room when i am recording and i like to record in the night time because i can not record through out the day because of my anxiety, does anyone have any tips that can help me get over this so i can record in the day with no fear so that i can have a normal sleep schedule again? Thanks all!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I am new here, and i am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I live with my family and I have my own room which is sound proof, I want to do youtube, they say they can't hear me when I record, but that's because I whisper and mumble because i think talking and recording is stupid, well i dont think its stupid but i think they might find it stupid because im just talking to myself while playing a video game, I have to record in the night time so my parents do not come in my room when i am recording and i like to record in the night time because i can not record through out the day because of my anxiety, does anyone have any tips that can help me get over this so i can record in the day with no fear so that i can have a normal sleep schedule again? Thanks all!
Hi welcome aboard.

First of all, I'm not a doctor - If you have serious and real anxiety, (as in a medical condition), then you should consult a doctor and get professional help :) But maybe you just mean "stressed" or "nervous" ? :)

So with the medical disclaimer out of the way, I can give you advice to help motivate you. My advice would be to create some goals related to Youtube. I don't just mean related to sub count and views but in addition to that, you could set goals related to having fun, becoming more confident, building a community, making friends, getting better at editing, learning how to make awesome thumbnails etc etc. Write the goals down, print them out and give yourself a timescale for some of them. With goals, you will have a purpose and with a purpose, you'll become motivated to achieve those goals and do what it takes. You'll find that the only way you can do it is to make videos during the day and without whispering (because your channel will never grow like that anyway).

Finally, I'd recommend just telling your parents your plans and wishes with Youtube. Write your goals down along with a plan and schedule of when you want to make videos - make sure you put your other important real-life tasks on your weekly schedule (schoolwork if you're at school, chores etc) - That way, your parents will see you're serious and not neglecting your other responsibilities. If your parents know about your anxiety, tell them that making videos normally during the day will help you overcome it because it will improve your self-confidence and self-esteem. Being honest with your parents will take a big weight off your shoulders I'm sure. :)

DartManson

Reaction score
I was also very worried about it when I made my first videos, but in the end I got used to it