Making Your Voice Sound Clear In Your Videos

A+Start

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
If you guys want a decent mic, i can't recommend the Rode Podcaster enough, its a fantastic mic and affordable too if you ask me. We use it on the show and the results speak for themselves. :)

Agent00

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, now that I think of it, I have a little tip to share with you, especially vloggers who are just starting out, who don't have professional equipment but still wish to be heard in the YouTube community.

I've never uploaded a video with me talking in it on YouTube but I already did one, just for fun, and what I noticed is that when I record myself with my regular little camera, the sound of my voice is... disturbed by a constant crackling sound in the background. I don't know if some of you have this problem, but I've already seen videos on YouTube having this problem. Well, it's not all the time a problem since in some cases the voice is still clear, but it's still annoying, don't you think?

So what I did is to record myself with the camera... and with the voice recorder in my phone at the same time! What happens is that the recorded audio in my phone is much clearer than in my camera... I don't know how, but it's true that my camera is older than my phone...

Anyway, you can just give it a try.

After recording, just import both medias into your editing software and mute the audio of the movie you recorded from the camera and replace it with the audio from your phone! And you are done.

Lip syncing? Well just match the 'beats' (the lines thing, like for heartbeats, I just can't grasp the word) of both audio before muting the camera one, if you know what I mean.

Good luck!
not to be rude but this isn't exactly a new discovery. pretty much all the big youtubers have some external mic .. like a blue yeti, lapel mic, or maybe a dynamic mic (interviews) they use to record audio. camera audio is meant to be bad, because most of the time, no one really uses it.

YellowGT0

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Tascam makes some decent things for a good price. Check out the Tascam DR05

Beastby

Designer, gamer, lion tamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A really easy way of syncing up audio is to clap a few times at the start of the video.

Then all you gotta do is match up the waveforms on your editing software and then mute the channel you don't want.

This will make syncing 100 million bajillion trillion times easier than trying to match up your voice.

Beastby

AngyCoffree

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just a tip for syncing. use a software which allows you to select both timelines so when you crop some audio, you'll crop the video too... The more you know... The only thing, if you are using your headphones, it is freaking horrible (the looks of it I mean)