Making that perfect commentary

RelicNgine

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
hey guys what are some good tips to making a good live commentary/ and also recording voice overs after the video has been recorded. Do you guys like plan and write on paper of what your gonna do or what?

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
hey guys what are some good tips to making a good live commentary/ and also recording voice overs after the video has been recorded. Do you guys like plan and write on paper of what your gonna do or what?
I pick a topic to cover, and then I get a sticky note (or paper :p) And brainstorm key words or sentences so If I ever go off topic or lose something to say I just look at what I`ve written,

After you`ve done them for a few weeks/months you`ll be able to talk more freely / the words will just flow from your mouth lol

PerringtonBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea, I'm not very good at commentaries so I do it with people so you can bounce off hen while you do it. And yea don't script because it won't flow, like said before

Reactions: RelicNgine

SaKenMadRaj

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
its funny when im actually playing i talk the whole game.. some videos i talk about the game im playing sometimes i talk about my kids or life... for me..i just say the same silly stuff i say when playing live..

don't worry after so many videos you will get better.. i know two months ago.. i would do like 88888 takes per video..now i push play .. i talk and its a wrap in a matter of minutes..

Reactions: RelicNgine

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I agree, I wouldnt script something like at, just use some keywords so you don't go too far off track when talking!

Reactions: Shane.Vultra