Making Money on YouTube Videos When Banned from Adsense

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When YouTubers are banned from Adsense for whatever reasons their initial thoughts are that they have lost everything, this is not the case, you may have lost your ability to make money directly off your videos but you can make money by monetising your views and audience in alternative ways.

These are some of the things you could opt to do if you have your Adsense account banned:

Start a new channel, dont associate it with any Adsense and become partnered through a Partner Network, a list of partner networks you can find here: YouTube Partner Networks List They wont be able to accept your current channel though, it will need to be a channel that has never had an Adsense account associated with it.

If you really want to stick with your current channel you could build a website that becomes a part of your channel, a good example of this is Jared Polin and his website froknowsphoto.com. If his Adsense was to be banned he could still send his viewers to his website which could have direct advertising with various photography companies. It would definitely hurt ones revenue but not all is lost if you can send your audience to your channel related website.

There are a few new companies showing up as of late who have started paying for clicks on links placed in your YouTube video descriptions, I am not sure if this is against YouTubes TOS yet or not but I cant imagine it being so but checking first would be good.

You could try contacting companies that might be interested in purchasing description links to their websites and forming some affiliation with them, they could exchange goods for you to review in exchange for good exposure of their company and products, say you do reviews of iPhone cases, you could contact them about reviewing their products and you could strike a deal where they end up paying you for the videos you do about their products if your audience is big enough.

Advertising other channels and videos within your annotations can be another alternative method to monetise when your adsense is banned. Some YouTubers are willing to pay for this, I am not 100% sure if this is against their TOS so again it is probably best to check.

Whatever you do, dont create another Adsense account as it will lead to another ban, when you are banned once you are banned for life. Think about other ways you can make money from your channel or start a new one and partner through a network and keep going. Good luck, all is not lost :)

ChannelOlli

High quality gaming guides!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also, networks provide protection against Adsense closure.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks guys, thats something I am yet to see myself, I have seen people partnered, then click bombed and having to start a new channel again but the network was happy to repartner it.

Reactions: kankyo11

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My Adsense got banned but RPM still partnered me and I'm still getting money.
Good post :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My Adsense got banned but RPM still partnered me and I'm still getting money.
Good post :)
Was that on the same Google account as the channel and Adsense?

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Was that on the same Google account as the channel and Adsense?
Yes, my adsense for JosUltimateVideoMan got banned, and on youtube it said monetize tab is disabled. So it's still a mystery how it happend.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow well you are very fortunate there :D

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber