Making a Minecraft Channel, Wondering about Wither

Vulpelux

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, um this is my first post here. I don't know if this is the right place or anything but I'm completely 100% new to making content. I once tried uploading two Bioshock let's plays on an old Channel I now only use as a personal channel but never stuck to it for several reasons. My motivations for making content are maybe not 100% proper (I love the idea of making content but the real catalyst is my need for a job that gets me money and that I can also do despite my illnesses, kinda pushing through major anxiety because of that but I've had the dream to make content since the heyday of Tobuscus) but I hope you guys can help answer some of the swirling questions I have, starting with:

For anyone who's played Minecraft a lot you know about the Wither (you might know about the Wither anyway) arguably the hardest boss of the game if only because of the lengths of preparation needed (and super finicky in Bedrock edition). I've never had the opportunity to fight the Wither until recently because I never had the resources or the desire to farm them. But with the resurgence of Minecraft's popularity my love of the game grew too thanks to new tutorials and content that showed me parts of the game I'd never been courageous/patient enough to find on my own. I've been itching to battle my first Wither but I decided I'd make YT content around the same time I realised I could realistically battle the Wither. That got me thinking, maybe it could be a channel event "Vulpelux fights his first ever Wither!!" I don't know if that's a good video idea though.

I have a lot to do before I'll be ready to upload my first video, gotta sort out voice changing software, decide on a design theme, a channel theme (music), end card, editing style, learn the guidelines for making Minecraft content and YouTube content in general, set up the Patreon I know I'll have to use to actually earn money, finalise my decisions on what content I'll be creating both on YT and Patreon, figure out how to preserve my fragile mental health when facing *dramatic music* the comment section. And I'm not sure if it's worth waiting until the channel gets going to fight my first Wither. Do you think it would even be a good video idea?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post questions like this but my head is all foggy and it seemed right to me. Let me know if I've done anything wrong! Thank you~

moshi

Reaction score
You have 3 problems:

1) COPPA might as well kill all Minecraft channels (except the big channels like Pewdiepie and DanTDM cause they get away with anything) because it "targets children"
2) Theres a ton of people doing the same thing
3) Why do you even bother with Patreon? lmao. To get any money you need a big a** audience. Focus on ad revenue, but then again, there's now problem 1)

So the main problem is dealing with COPPA, because it looks anything that's fun, that could appeal to kids, it's under risk now. Im not sure what to do with my own channel anymore, I'll ride this until January 2020 which is when they will go full nazi mode on it and decide what I do with my life from there.