Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Product Placement can be various things

1. Review a product (positively haha)
2. Name the product in your video, say how good it is
3. Have the product somewhere in your video, you don´t even need to acknowledge it
4. Get paid in the form of products. Say you are a musician, you get a new instrument, that instrument is free because you use it in your videos = product placement

Like for instance, I said the name of my new light source "Profoto" in one or two of my Vlogs, that is product placement and endorsement (I did not get paid for it though awww haha)

And yes, it´s all very tempting, many people start using YouTube because of how high the income can potentially be. Most of those people give up in less than 3 months because they want it to happen right away, don´t work on their content, think they can monetize lip sync cover videos and what not... But for the creative and dedicated it´s a real possibility!

Jonathan
I couldnt agree more there, so we arent allowed to endorse a product like that before we are partners? Sounds odd to me if its free product placement lol thats like me risking a partnership because I said how much I love McDonalds off my own back and showing off my Happy Meal and McFlurry :D

callum connor

Click That Subscribe Button!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thats very good, care to share? lol just kidding. How long have you been partnered through TGN for?
Not Even A Month Yet,If You Want To See How Much You Earn Go Onto This Link Here http://socialblade.com/youtube/ And Where It Says Check Anyones Youtube Stats Just Fill In Your Channel There And At The Bottom Of The Grid It Will Tell You How Much You Could Earn By Adsense,Ok I Have Checked It For You And You Only Earn £49 A Year Which Isnt Alot Because It All Depends On How Much Views You Get,You Can Check My Stats To See How Much I Earn,Although I Already Said £7,359.

Reactions: Michael

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Not Even A Month Yet,If You Want To See How Much You Earn Go Onto This Link Here http://socialblade.com/youtube/ And Where It Says Check Anyones Youtube Stats Just Fill In Your Channel There And At The Bottom Of The Grid It Will Tell You How Much You Could Earn By Adsense,Ok I Have Checked It For You And You Only Earn £49 A Year Which Isnt Alot Because It All Depends On How Much Views You Get,You Can Check My Stats To See How Much I Earn,Although I Already Said £7,359.
I have used that website before, although the amount you make is not that accurate... because they times the amount by 0.75 to get the lowest amount earned and then times it by 7 to get the highest amount earned....(Times how many thousands by 0.75 and 7)

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I couldnt agree more there, so we arent allowed to endorse a product like that before we are partners? Sounds odd to me if its free product placement lol thats like me risking a partnership because I said how much I love McDonalds off my own back and showing off my Happy Meal and McFlurry :D
You can publicly endorse anything you want, which is why they can´t monitor if you are actually making a paid statement or not. But if they find out you can get in trouble partnership and YouTube wise... But there are EXTREMELY low cases of such things happening. Maybe 1 in 10 million channels...

Jonathan

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can publicly endorse anything you want, which is why they can´t monitor if you are actually making a paid statement or not. But if they find out you can get in trouble partnership and YouTube wise... But there are EXTREMELY low cases of such things happening. Maybe 1 in 10 million channels...

Jonathan
So if you say on camera "I was paid for endorsing these new trainers, theyre awesome, by Nike too so get buy them" you risk the partnership? I get that now I think. It must be so easy to hide that you were paid for it.

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
So if you say on camera "I was paid for endorsing these new trainers, theyre awesome, by Nike too so get buy them" you risk the partnership? I get that now I think. It must be so easy to hide that you were paid for it.
It´s that special thing where you see one of your favorite celebs wearing something you saw at the store. At the time you did not want the item, then you see the celeb wearing the item and you immediately say "omg, the celeb and I are so alike, I was totally going to buy that" and the morning after you actually buy it...

You can hear "big" YouTubers say all the time "I was not paid to endorse this, I just like it a lot"... well 50% of them are telling the truth ;) Many people don´t like the sellout factor product placement brings.

But if one keeps it subtle and none flashy, money can start rolling lol

Jonathan