Mafia 3 music livestream

MrBruce

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was live streaming Mafia 3 via youtube earlier today, and when I was done the stream was converted to a video. As it should.
What I realized after the video had been converted is that Mafia 3 contains alot of copyrighted music and the video got 4 copyright strikes. That is not a problem, I'll just delete the video or try and edit out the music.
So, I want to continue streaming the game on youtube but is it a bad idea considering all the copyrighted music in the game? Does the same law apply on streams as in videos?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Nearly everyone who's showcased Mafia 3 has just turned off the music cause it's not an OST it's just music from that era. For a live stream (if you're not keeping the footage archived on YouTube) you can probably keep it on (it still technically doesn't exempt you from copyright laws stream or video, doesn't matter) but it's a bit of a loop hole because the footage isn't stored lol

I'd still suggest turning the radio music off though.

Reactions: MrBruce

MrBruce

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nearly everyone who's showcased Mafia 3 has just turned off the music cause it's not an OST it's just music from that era. For a live stream (if you're not keeping the footage archived on YouTube) you can probably keep it on (it still technically doesn't exempt you from copyright laws stream or video, doesn't matter) but it's a bit of a loop hole because the footage isn't stored lol

I'd still suggest turning the radio music off though.
Alright, thank you for that great answer :)