Macbooks for Youtubing?

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, I've got a beefed up 2015 Macbook Pro 15 which performs great for what I do but I'm looking to purchase a second macbook for my girlfriends you tube requirements.

We'd be buying new and I am just wondering what the 13"MBP's are like and also the lesser models (AIR?) for YouTube Creators. What's the render time like on a base 13"? My 15" exports 1 gigabyte in approx 15 minutes.

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all I really do not use or like Apple products that much. But I have a friend who does and he has been having a lot of trouble trying to get around in YT. By that I mean using simple apps like Audacity that most or many YTers use. So I do not know what your experience has been but, consider it before you make such an expensive purchase.

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all I really do not use or like Apple products that much. But I have a friend who does and he has been having a lot of trouble trying to get around in YT. By that I mean using simple apps like Audacity that most or many YTers use. So I do not know what your experience has been but, consider it before you make such an expensive purchase.
My experience has been great. I'm always travelling and I wouldnt use anything but a mac. Lightweight. Great repair service turnaround if required. We won't be using audacity, only Premiere and Photoshop

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Well macbook air the bad part is that it doesn't have usb ports I have a MBP from mid 2012 using Final cut Pro X 10.3.1, Audacity, El Gato Gamecapture software and everything runs better than expected. My final cut crashes badly but I think is since my MBP is old it cause problems lol my render time is depending on the video really. So if you get one of the new ones it will be great for the tubes :)

Reactions: just Moto

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I love the Mac OS system. If you have the extra money to do so, go for it. However since my money is tight, I am going with building a PC. Much cheaper in the long run as I'm planning on when the time comes to switch to 4K, which will be a thing in a few years. So do what you want, what you prefer, what you can afford. But consider thinking long term, not short term success. Apple is not trending well when it comes to online video creators (Final Cut Pro Studio to Final Cut Pro X, costing the same but not upgrading processors/graphic cards to handle HD editing well, getting rid of many great programs like Aperture, Soundtrack Pro, etc.). Just some food of thought.

TBGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends, are you recording game play from your laptop or will you be using a capture card and capturing video from a console? If you're doing the capture card route I use a $300 Asus laptop and it works perfectly fine.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
In my early days of youtube I used the macbook webcam, just for convenience, but since I didn´t bother learning how to use my new macbook webcam, I used my camera instead, with various results!

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a friend who uses the air to edit using Adobe Premiere Pro and says it causes him a bit of trouble and is laggy. Always complains that he should've gotten a PC :p

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm using a macbook pro and it works perfect with editing programs like premiere and after effects. Haven't used Audacity so don't know how that would work.

However, if you want a mac, go for macbook pro. Those are sturdy laptops who can do al the stuff and are still relatively lightweight.