Macbook Pro or Microsoft Surface Pro 4?

Thank you to everyone for all the insights so far :) they are greatly appreciated! Since I'm stationed in Japan I don't have much of a selection of computers on base and don't want to wait weeks to get something delivered to me so really my only choices are the Macbook Pro and the Surface Pro.

I've had a Surface Pro before, but never used it for video editing software I don't know how well it would be. I would only be editing 720p to 1080p videos not 4k videos because for now I'll only be recording with my iPhone 7 Plus. I know Macs are most likely better than the Surface Pros, but I do really like the portability of the Surface and that it is like a tablet but also a laptop.

The Surface Pro I'm looking at is $879 with Intel m3 processor and 4gb ram and 128gb ssd but they have the option of the i5 version with 8gb ram 256gb ssd however they are out of stock on base and said it'll take longer than 2 weeks to get more and I don't want to wait that long. I've been without a computer for too long now lol

But thank you and my apologies for the massive wall of text...

If those are your only 2 options, then yes go with the Macbook Pro. Btw, the iPhone 7 Plus can record video in 4k.

well the macbook pro is more powerful than the air, as it has a more powerful processor and in the large one has more ram than the air. plus the Pro has retnia screen which is much higher quality compared to the 1080p of the air. so for video editing i would recommend the pro as it means you can upgrade form iMovie to any adobe product

Thanks! I think I'll definitely go with the Pro just incase I ever want to upgrade video sodtware, plus I heard the storage space on the air is very low.

Thanks again.

Thank you to everyone for their insights :) I'm still debating on what to get though because the Macbook Pro is $400 more than the Surface Pro lol and that's my entire paycheck too if I get the Macbook Pro xD

Back