Mac or PC?

Zachary Thomas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
I'm having a hard time deciding if I wanna breakdown and get a Mac since most YouTube creators use it or if I just want to upgrade a desktop PC? Opinions?

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have both and for video editing Mac is way way better.

ThatGeekyGuy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Depending on what you want to do. Mac is great for editing but it really depends on what your want to do.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
PC for anything. At least that's what I choose :p

Reactions: James Azurin
Reaction score
I have both but as a starter get a PC it's much easier and most software that you might need can be found on PC *Edited by Staff*

Last edited by a moderator:

Vidcast

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want to game, PC is the better option, but as far as creating things, like photoshop and editing software, Mac is without a doubt the best choice. Whilst they're expensive, the things you get with them is top of the range kit. iMovie is to date one of my favourite editing softwares, it's easy to use and does almost everything I need it to. And if your mac doesn't come with it, it's only like £10, which isn't an extensive amount. I got a mac at the beginning of this year, and I would never go back to PC ever.

Zachary Thomas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
If you want to game, PC is the better option, but as far as creating things, like photoshop and editing software, Mac is without a doubt the best choice. Whilst they're expensive, the things you get with them is top of the range kit. iMovie is to date one of my favourite editing softwares, it's easy to use and does almost everything I need it to. And if your mac doesn't come with it, it's only like £10, which isn't an extensive amount. I got a mac at the beginning of this year, and I would never go back to PC ever.
The price is really my main concern, I love Apple but that doesn't stop me from not wanting to waste my money ya know? Plus i really can't afford it, I'd be paying a finance if I decided to get it.

Vidcast

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what's your budget? The cheapest mac book is £750 if memory serves. It really depends on what you're using it for, but if the main reason you want to get a new piece of kit is for editing, its worth saving for the mac.

FoldingNotes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Commentator, Animator
I'm using the iOS iMovie version. Windows 10 has virtually no apps. There is this one guy working on OpenShot 2, and it hasn't been released yet. Open source software is ugly, but they get the job done.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
for me, PC. I can do more with it, I animate and edit plenty and everything is obtainable on both OS's I was forced to use macs for 3 years at college and it put me right off macs. I don't know why artists always prefer them, I guess its the interface?. The mic quality and things like garage band are great though, if that's your thing.