Love Your Neighbor

LittleMissSinsitive

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' (Matthew 22:39, NIV)

What does it mean to love your neighbor? What does it look like? Here I discuss what I feel it means to love your neighbor, what it looks like and how we all can go about making sure that we love our neighbor in a way that is, hopefully, pleasing to God and a blessing to our neighbor.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I don't know if we view our religion the same, but I applaud you to no end for spreading your beliefs, I made ONE christian based video the other day and wound up getting into a long "debate" with one of my long term subscribers. It was less of a debate and more him mocking me and me trying to calm him down, I LOVE your passion you are just, beautiful, my sister in christ. Let's get more of God's love on youtube!!!!!

Reactions: LittleMissSinsitive

LittleMissSinsitive

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't know if we view our religion the same, but I applaud you to no end for spreading your beliefs, I made ONE christian based video the other day and wound up getting into a long "debate" with one of my long term subscribers. It was less of a debate and more him mocking me and me trying to calm him down, I LOVE your passion you are just, beautiful, my sister in christ. Let's get more of God's love on youtube!!!!!
While we may have differences in how we view our religion, we are all still striving to serve God the best we can and love Him. We all are God's children who are simply trying to spread His love. That is our connection and that is what's most important. From time to time, as Christians, we may need to correct one another in love, but our connection is still there and we are all here for the same underlying reason. :)

And yes, religion and spirituality is a very heated and emotional topic because no matter what our relationship with it may be, it affects the way we view the world in some way. I've also been in debates about my religious beliefs, as well as my beliefs about social justice issues that honestly, weren't really debates, because the other person was simply mocking and insulting me. I realized that when this starts to happen, it's good to distance yourself because otherwise, you will wear yourself down emotionally. I'm more than okay with discussing different beliefs and even debating, but I am not okay with disrespect, mocking or insulting. So I try to draw a line.

Thank you so much for your compliments and for taking the time to watch my video! Keep doing what you're doing as well--we are all playing an important role in hopefully, changing the world for the better!

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
While we may have differences in how we view our religion, we are all still striving to serve God the best we can and love Him. We all are God's children who are simply trying to spread His love. That is our connection and that is what's is the most important. From time to time, as Christians, we may need to correct one another in love, but our connection is still there and we are all here for the same underlying reason. :)

And yes, religion and spirituality is a very heated and emotional topic because despite our relationship with it, it affects the way we view the world in some way. I've also been in debates about my religious beliefs, as well as my beliefs about social justice issues that honestly, weren't really debates, because the other person was simply mocking and insulting me. I realized that when this starts to happen, it's good to distance yourself because otherwise, you will wear yourself down emotionally. I'm more than okay with discussing different beliefs and even debating, but I am not okay way disrespect, mocking or insulting. So I try to draw a line.

Thank you so much for your compliments and for taking the time to watch my video! Keep doing what you're doing as well--we are all playing an important role in hopefully, changing the world for the better!
pffft you can't get away that easy missy! hahaha no the thing I loved about your video is it showed me you're the real deal. Too many of our kind is all appearance based, and the thing that gets me is that my interpretation of the bible is very unique, and most of the christians I meet try to act as if I'm not a christian because of it. Yet the bible says that what makes you a christian is believing Jesus is the son of God and that he died for our sins and then trying to follow and emulate him as best you can. That's it. That's all it says is required. But see I believe that hell is not eternal, I don't believe it's a firey pit that people go into and never get out of and feel forever, I believe that hell in most passages is referring to a life without God. For example the verse "Wide and broad is the path that leads to destruction, but narrow is the path that leads to life and few walk it" most christians think that's saying that most people are going to hell when they die, and that few people are getting into heaven when they die. I don't think so at all, I think it's saying that the vast majority of things we ever would want to do on this earth harm us, and lead to destruction and pain, and it's that narrow thread of good deeds that we never think to do that leads to a beautiful fulfilling life.

I also take this verse very seriously 1 john 7-10
My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God.

To me that shows plain as day, that people who are filled with love, are in a relationship with God whether they know it or not, and on the flip side, those who think they are in relationship with God but don't love have nothing to do with him. These beliefs of mine in my opinion are perfectly soundly biblical, yet they cause an uproar from so much of the christian community. And the thing that KILLS me, is that they get almost angry, it's kind of.. they treat me like an outsider over it, yet nowhere in the bible does it say "you must all agree on the interpretation of every verse or you aren't christians together in the body of christ"

No, it says that anyone who believes christ is Lord is in on this, and I TOTALLY agree on that, yet these other differences in interpretation ostracize me from the fellowship. I'm sharing this with you mainly just because you seem to want honest relationship over repeated mantras, so I'm curious what you think of all of this.

LittleMissSinsitive

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
pffft you can't get away that easy missy! hahaha no the thing I loved about your video is it showed me you're the real deal. Too many of our kind is all appearance based, and the thing that gets me is that my interpretation of the bible is very unique, and most of the christians I meet try to act as if I'm not a christian because of it. Yet the bible says that what makes you a christian is believing Jesus is the son of God and that he died for our sins and then trying to follow and emulate him as best you can. That's it. That's all it says is required. But see I believe that hell is not eternal, I don't believe it's a firey pit that people go into and never get out of and feel forever, I believe that hell in most passages is referring to a life without God. For example the verse "Wide and broad is the path that leads to destruction, but narrow is the path that leads to life and few walk it" most christians think that's saying that most people are going to hell when they die, and that few people are getting into heaven when they die. I don't think so at all, I think it's saying that the vast majority of things we ever would want to do on this earth harm us, and lead to destruction and pain, and it's that narrow thread of good deeds that we never think to do that leads to a beautiful fulfilling life.
Wow, thank you so much! That truly means a lot to me. I do also agree that a lot of Christians are appearance based and focus on superficial matters, and also feel that my interpretation is unique when compared to other Christians. And I often feel like an outcast for it and feel as though other Christians may perceive me as not being a true Christian or trying to be like the world, when that is not the case at all. So I definitely feel you on that. I believe that hell is separation from God and all that He is. God is love, God is good, etc. so if a person is separated from God, they are separated from those things as well--and that, at the end of the day, what I see Hell as. I do believe that hell exists, but have also looked into the belief of hell not being eternal as well and it is interesting and I see how that interpretation is made as well. Ultimately, I try not to focus or really even think about hell--I believe that hell has no place in a relationship with God. Often, Christians use hell as a way to strike fear into others in an attempt to use that fear as a way to get them to give their lives to Christ. However, a fear-based relationship is not the kind of relationship that God wants with us, nor should it be the kind we have with Him. What helped me to get closer to God and to have more trust in Him was letting go the fear of hell--to stop thinking and worrying about it and to use that energy to focus on my relationship with God, as well as finding out who God is. I encourage all Christians to do this--to stop caring, worrying and obsessing about hell (no matter what the interpretation of it is) and to focus on loving, serving and being an image of God. If we are doing that, we will be okay.

I also take this verse very seriously 1 john 7-10
My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God.
I also take all of the scriptures regarding love very seriously--the 1st and 2nd commandments--which are about love, are said to be the greatest. The most important thing is love. Love of God and love of those around us. Love is a very essential part of being a Christian.

To me that shows plain as day, that people who are filled with love, are in a relationship with God whether they know it or not, and on the flip side, those who think they are in relationship with God but don't love have nothing to do with him.
I agree with this to some extent--I believe that those who love are on that right path, and in a sense, are in a relationship with God since He is love. But it still indirect. It is not until they have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior and opened their heart to God and the Holy Spirit, that the relationship can truly take root and form. It is through the conscious decision to enter into a relationship with God that solidifies this relationship, that helps them to get to know God--what He's all about--and who they are in Him. I wholeheartedly agree that those who refuse to love do not truly know God as well as they think they do, and are not in a genuine relationship with Him. I feel that if you are in a genuine relationship with God and are allowing yourself to be an image of Him, then you will be overflowing with love.

These beliefs of mine in my opinion are perfectly soundly biblical, yet they cause an uproar from so much of the christian community. And the thing that KILLS me, is that they get almost angry, it's kind of.. they treat me like an outsider over it, yet nowhere in the bible does it say "you must all agree on the interpretation of every verse or you aren't christians together in the body of christ"
No, it says that anyone who believes christ is Lord is in on this, and I TOTALLY agree on that, yet these other differences in interpretation ostracize me from the fellowship. I'm sharing this with you mainly just because you seem to want honest relationship over repeated mantras, so I'm curious what you think of all of this.
My beliefs do the same thing, lol. I think what a lot of Christians forget is that a good amount of us are simply trying to love God, follow Him and love others. They forget that God did not create us to be a monolith--we are each unique and different, yet joined by the love of God, the acceptance of Jesus Christ as our savior and the fact that we are His children. While correction is sometimes needed, difference does not automatically equal sin. It may simply be a difference and difference is okay. And some of the bible, in my opinion, is open to interpretation and how it is applied to our lives is also open to interpretation--each Christian is able to go to God and be guided by the Holy Spirit on how to deal with certain matters, and since we are different people, the answers may be different. For example, drinking alcohol in general is NOT a sin--drunkenness is. However, some Christians will go around saying that drinking alcohol at all is a sin and look down upon those who drink--even if they are not drunk. While it is perfectly okay for a Christian to choose not to drink if that is what their heart and spirit call them to do, I believe it is also perfectly okay for a Christian to drink (as long as it's not to the point of drunkenness or excess) if their spirit and heart are at peace with it.

I am so glad and thankful that you shared this with me. I can totally relate to what you deal with when it comes to Christianity and know that there are others who feel the same way. I really do enjoy conversations like these and feel like more of them need to be had. I hope my thoughts on this serve you in a positive way.

Reactions: Symph

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Wow, thank you so much! That truly means a lot to me. I do also agree that a lot of Christians are appearance based and focus on superficial matters, and also feel that my interpretation is unique when compared to other Christians. And I often feel like an outcast for it and feel as though other Christians may perceive me as not being a true Christian or trying to be like the world, when that is not the case at all. So I definitely feel you on that. I believe that hell is separation from God and all that He is. God is love, God is good, etc. so if a person is separated from God, they are separated from those things as well--and that, at the end of the day, what I see Hell as. I do believe that hell exists, but have also looked into the belief of hell not being eternal as well and it is interesting and I see how that interpretation is made as well. Ultimately, I try not to focus or really even think about hell--I believe that hell has no place in a relationship with God. Often, Christians use hell as a way to strike fear into others in an attempt to use that fear as a way to get them to give their lives to Christ. However, a fear-based relationship is not the kind of relationship that God wants with us, nor should it be the kind we have with Him. What helped me to get closer to God and to have more trust in Him was letting go the fear of hell--to stop thinking and worrying about it and to use that energy to focus on my relationship with God, as well as finding out who God is. I encourage all Christians to do this--to stop caring, worrying and obsessing about hell (no matter what the interpretation of it is) and to focus on loving, serving and being an image of God. If we are doing that, we will be okay.

I also take all of the scriptures regarding love very seriously--the 1st and 2nd commandments--which are about love, are said to be the greatest. The most important thing is love. Love of God and love of those around us. Love is a very essential part of being a Christian.

I agree with this to some extent--I believe that those who love are on that right path, and in a sense, are in a relationship with God since He is love. But it still indirect. It is not until they have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior and opened their heart to God and the Holy Spirit, that the relationship can truly take root and form. It is through the conscious decision to enter into a relationship with God that solidifies this relationship, that helps them to get to know God--what He's all about--and who they are in Him. I wholeheartedly agree that those who refuse to love do not truly know God as well as they think they do, and are not in a genuine relationship with Him. I feel that if you are in a genuine relationship with God and are allowing yourself to be an image of Him, then you will be overflowing with love.

My beliefs do the same thing, lol. I think what a lot of Christians forget is that a good amount of us are simply trying to love God, follow Him and love others. They forget that God did not create us to be a monolith--we are each unique and different, yet joined by the love of God, the acceptance of Jesus Christ as our savior and the fact that we are His children. While correction is sometimes needed, difference does not automatically equal sin. It may simply be a difference and difference is okay. And some of the bible, in my opinion, is open to interpretation and how it is applied to our lives is also open to interpretation--each Christian is able to go to God and be guided by the Holy Spirit on how to deal with certain matters, and since we are different people, the answers may be different. For example, drinking alcohol in general is NOT a sin--drunkenness is. However, some Christians will go around saying that drinking alcohol at all is a sin and look down upon those who drink--even if they are not drunk. While it is perfectly okay for a Christian to choose not to drink if that is what their heart and spirit call them to do, I believe it is also perfectly okay for a Christian to drink (as long as it's not to the point of drunkenness or excess) if their spirit and heart are at peace with it.

I am so glad and thankful that you shared this with me. I can totally relate to what you deal with when it comes to Christianity and know that there are others who feel the same way. I really do enjoy conversations like these and feel like more of them need to be had. I hope my thoughts on this serve you in a positive way.
AHHHH!! We're so on the same page, like I'm not saying I DON'T try to share Jesus with people who are already walking in love, I just wait to see if an opportunity arises to because while I believe it will have a life changing impact on them and help them to sort of... take their life to the next level, I'm not WORRIED about their soul. I believe God has it under control and the verses people use to say that they are going to burn in hell for all eternity are vague and not open and shut cases. Agree on the drinking and everything and just.. Dang, I didn't know there was another open minded christian even ON youtube hahaha so great to meet you!

LittleMissSinsitive

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
AHHHH!! We're so on the same page, like I'm not saying I DON'T try to share Jesus with people who are already walking in love, I just wait to see if an opportunity arises to because while I believe it will have a life changing impact on them and help them to sort of... take their life to the next level, I'm not WORRIED about their soul. I believe God has it under control and the verses people use to say that they are going to burn in hell for all eternity are vague and not open and shut cases. Agree on the drinking and everything and just.. Dang, I didn't know there was another open minded christian even ON youtube hahaha so great to meet you!
This makes my heart smile! It's so nice to encounter another like-minded Christian! ^_^ And yes, I totally understand waiting--I believe in simply being an image of God to those around me, and if they ask me about religion/spirituality (which usually ends up happening) or if an opportunity presents itself, then I do try to share Jesus and my faith with others. So, I definitely feel you on that. It has been great meeting and conversing with you as well!

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
This makes my heart smile! It's so nice to encounter another like-minded Christian! ^_^ And yes, I totally understand waiting--I believe in simply being an image of God to those around me, and if they ask me about religion/spirituality (which usually ends up happening) or if an opportunity presents itself, then I do try to share Jesus and my faith with others. So, I definitely feel you on that. It has been great meeting and conversing with you as well!
Actually I felt years ago like God spoke that exact concept into my heart. I basically felt in my mind and felt confirmed in my spirit this phrase whispered. "Do not try to DO good, but rather just BE good." And I just knew what he meant, he was saying to not look for opportunities all over the place to do what YOU think are christian things to do, but rather to start living a life of constant conviction of your OWN issues and to allow him to remove them so you can stop doing things that are meant to APPEAR like you love everyone, but rather you just actually will start to love them deeply and sincerely.

LittleMissSinsitive

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Actually I felt years ago like God spoke that exact concept into my heart. I basically felt in my mind and felt confirmed in my spirit this phrase whispered. "Do not try to DO good, but rather just BE good." And I just knew what he meant, he was saying to not look for opportunities all over the place to do what YOU think are christian things to do, but rather to start living a life of constant conviction of your OWN issues and to allow him to remove them so you can stop doing things that are meant to APPEAR like you love everyone, but rather you just actually will start to love them deeply and sincerely.
Wow, that's amazing! I feel like that is really what it's all about. ^_^