Love The Way You Lie - Rihanna Cover

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wrong again mrs!!!! I have clear sounds yes, but they are put together funky, they don't synchronize, and it frustrates and annoys me, in professional recordings everything is clear and big and round and fat, my recordings sound muffled or kind of... like a straight line they're very FLAT. You and I can both sit here and try to debate who's recordings are worse, but at the end of the day the average listener probably thinks we're both stupid and should just get our s**t out there lmao
I disagree. I think your mixes are good. Also, I can tell they're getting better. Okay yes, mine are getting a little better......but yours still sound like they can be played on the radio. Mine sure as hell can't. I win.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I disagree. I think your mixes are good. Also, I can tell they're getting better. Okay yes, mine are getting a little better......but yours still sound like they can be played on the radio. Mine sure as hell can't. I win.
But hon THATS THE THING. I don't think they are radio ready, you DO. Why? Cause it's not YOURS, it's not YOUR stuff, we're too hard on ourselves BOTH OF US. You probably cut me a bit too much slack at the same time that I'm too hard on myself, and vice versa, we gotta find the middle ground here, because a record label is looking for a unique and amazing voice which comes through your recordings just fine, in my case they might be looking for an original sound and a talented musician and yeah I guess it probably comes through too but it's just hard for me to get over the things I know are wrong and it's the same with you. WORK WITH ME HERE WOMAN

Reactions: Kath

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
But hon THATS THE THING. I don't think they are radio ready, you DO. Why? Cause it's not YOURS, it's not YOUR stuff, we're too hard on ourselves BOTH OF US. You probably cut me a bit too much slack at the same time that I'm too hard on myself, and vice versa, we gotta find the middle ground here, because a record label is looking for a unique and amazing voice which comes through your recordings just fine, in my case they might be looking for an original sound and a talented musician and yeah I guess it probably comes through too but it's just hard for me to get over the things I know are wrong and it's the same with you. WORK WITH ME HERE WOMAN
I guess................yes I am very hard on myself. All I hear when I hear my own stuff, is everything that is wrong with it. Remember I messaged you and said, "hey I did a cover, I'm actually proud of this one!" Well I listened to it again and found everything that I hate about it, and now I'm not so excited about it :p Now I can point out every little thing that's wrong with it. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I guess................yes I am very hard on myself. All I hear when I hear my own stuff, is everything that is wrong with it. Remember I messaged you and said, "hey I did a cover, I'm actually proud of this one!" Well I listened to it again and found everything that I hate about it, and now I'm not so excited about it :p Now I can point out every little thing that's wrong with it. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
That's what I hear, only the flaws. How do we fix this? It's ridiculous. Like how can we start understanding the emotional impact we have on OTHERS. Cause all I hear is how that bass line is in a weird tone or how the guitar sounds so flat, or how my voice sounds too tinny, but other people like freak out and are like "OMG YOU'RE SO AMAZING" so how do I hear what THEY heard you know?? You just melted my face off with your GORGEOUS freaking performance, I was in another world, I was like blown to heaven and back, and you're telling me that it's not good enough and I'm like "Step into my head and listen to it and feel the tingles up your spine that I felt and feel the emotion-gasm I just had and tell me it's not good enough!" So how do we... ARGGHFHFHFHFHF WE SUCK WE SUCK WE SUCK SO BAD WE SUCK AAAAAHHHH

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That's what I hear, only the flaws. How do we fix this? It's ridiculous. Like how can we start understanding the emotional impact we have on OTHERS. Cause all I hear is how that bass line is in a weird tone or how the guitar sounds so flat, or how my voice sounds too tinny, but other people like freak out and are like "OMG YOU'RE SO AMAZING" so how do I hear what THEY heard you know?? You just melted my face off with your GORGEOUS freaking performance, I was in another world, I was like blown to heaven and back, and you're telling me that it's not good enough and I'm like "Step into my head and listen to it and feel the tingles up your spine that I felt and feel the emotion-gasm I just had and tell me it's not good enough!" So how do we... ARGGHFHFHFHFHF WE SUCK WE SUCK WE SUCK SO BAD WE SUCK AAAAAHHHH
Yep.....it's a vicious cycle. I don't know how to hear what others hear. I mean, in a way it keeps you bettering yourself, but at the same time it holds you back because you're going over and over and over things, trying to perfect it....but the perfection never comes because there's always that one thing. Like, I HATE the way I said one line in the song, and it's too late to go back and fix it, it's not the way I feel it should have been sung, so I fixate on that and think it sounds stupid and ruins the entire thing :/
Sigh...musicians.

Reactions: Symph

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Yep.....it's a vicious cycle. I don't know how to hear what others hear. I mean, in a way it keeps you bettering yourself, but at the same time it holds you back because you're going over and over and over things, trying to perfect it....but the perfection never comes because there's always that one thing. Like, I HATE the way I said one line in the song, and it's too late to go back and fix it, it's not the way I feel it should have been sung, so I fixate on that and think it sounds stupid and ruins the entire thing :/
Sigh...musicians.
Indeed... In-freaking-deed...