Love The Way You Lie - Rihanna Cover

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
edited katherinejane001
I've been wanting to cover this song for ages! Please let me know what you think. I am pleased with the quality of the sound too! Compared to my other covers hehe.
@Stef @JeriCoke @JohnKenShow @Comconoclast @Symph @Little Recordings @Vicboss
OMFG. :eek: That was beautiful.

The quality of the audio and your voice and all of that is just absolutely perfect. Really, just amazing, Kat. I usually don't like slow songs, but your voice just gives it this epic kinda feel to it. I can't explain it. It feels like it could be in a movie.

I need to go... I got... Something in my eyes... I've gotta... :crying22:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Symph and Kath

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician

The quality of the audio and your voice and all of that is just absolutely perfect. Really, just amazing, Kat. I usually don't like slow songs, but your voice just gives it this epic kinda feel to it. I can't explain it. It feels like it could be in a movie.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww really??? Thank you!!! That means so much to me. I've been waiting so long to record this...I just...love singing it. Lol...I liked how I got a screaming neighbour in the background at the beginning. Oh my.

Reactions: JeriKane

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Best vocal I've heard from you in a long time. You'd been sounding kinda weary and losing some of your passion I'm guessing cause of all the stress but this was like old Katherine again, so in other words I'm a puddle on the floor now. You better mop this up.[DOUBLEPOST=1405133891,1405133554][/DOUBLEPOST]

She is what they would call a "siren" in the olden days and always has been, I've tried to convince her to release an album or at least send her stuff to someone who might could get it out there. She has this honesty in her voice that you rarely ever get, it's smooth and impressive and diva like when it needs to be, but then she sings other phrase almost like she's talking because she just knows how to emote. It makes you fall in love with her every time you hear it, one of the most incredible voices ever she just hasn't been practicing or honing it as of recently, if she could get into a better place in life and actually start spending time perfecting her talent she could capture the heart of the whole world.

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Best vocal I've heard from you in a long time. You'd been sounding kinda weary and losing some of your passion I'm guessing cause of all the stress but this was like old Katherine again, so in other words I'm a puddle on the floor now. You better mop this up.[DOUBLEPOST=1405133891,1405133554][/DOUBLEPOST]
She is what they would call a "siren" in the olden days and always has been, I've tried to convince her to release an album or at least send her stuff to someone who might could get it out there. She has this honesty in her voice that you rarely ever get, it's smooth and impressive and diva like when it needs to be, but then she sings other phrase almost like she's talking because she just knows how to emote. It makes you fall in love with her every time you hear it, one of the most incredible voices ever she just hasn't been practicing or honing it as of recently, if she could get into a better place in life and actually start spending time perfecting her talent she could capture the heart of the whole world.
Aaaaaawwww Syyyymmmmppph *hugs* Thank you.........yes I haven't been practicing at all. But I really tried with this one. I think you're right that....I have been weary.
Oh....I guess I forgot to tell you hehe....mom and my brother's friend are trying to send my songs out to people now..trying to get me noticed hehe....I mean....who knows if anything will ever come of that....but hey..at least they're trying.
Thanks so much for listening, I didn't think you were going to tonight lol.
I wish I WAS in a better place. I wish to God I had a sensible mic without the terrible ksssshhhhhhshshshhshshs in the background. But..right now I just got to work with what I got :/
I think my dream would be to sell a song! That'd be awesome. Just one song hehe. Maybe some day.........

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Aaaaaawwww Syyyymmmmppph *hugs* Thank you.........yes I haven't been practicing at all. But I really tried with this one. I think you're right that....I have been weary.
Oh....I guess I forgot to tell you hehe....mom and my brother's friend are trying to send my songs out to people now..trying to get me noticed hehe....I mean....who knows if anything will ever come of that....but hey..at least they're trying.
Thanks so much for listening, I didn't think you were going to tonight lol.
I wish I WAS in a better place. I wish to God I had a sensible mic without the terrible ksssshhhhhhshshshhshshs in the background. But..right now I just got to work with what I got :/
I think my dream would be to sell a song! That'd be awesome. Just one song hehe. Maybe some day.........
The mic doesn't matter baby, you get too obsessed with production quality, your voice shines through in all your songs regardless. Your not like me, I'm a musician who needs quality recordings because my genius is mostly in my compositional ideas and how creative I am with the music, but you just have that passionate voice that as long as we can hear it's tone and timbre that's all we need. Just sing my love, just sing.

Reactions: Kath

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The mic doesn't matter baby, you get too obsessed with production quality, your voice shines through in all your songs regardless. Your not like me, I'm a musician who needs quality recordings because my genius is mostly in my compositional ideas and how creative I am with the music, but you just have that passionate voice that as long as we can hear it's tone and timbre that's all we need. Just sing my love, just sing.
:( But.....but....it drives me insane :/ It drives me to no end. Ugh. I don't even want to think about it.

Reactions: Symph

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
:( But.....but....it drives me insane :/ It drives me to no end. Ugh. I don't even want to think about it.
I understand, but get over it LOL I mean yeah I focus too much on production to a point too but just... ARGHHH I mean surely you feel the same way about me to a point right? I hold off on promoting or selling my music cause I don't think the production quality is good enough, but do you ever feel frustrated by that or think it's stupid that I care so much? Yeah, we both suck, equally, let's stop sucking together.

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I understand, but get over it LOL I mean yeah I focus too much on production to a point too but just... ARGHHH I mean surely you feel the same way about me to a point right? I hold off on promoting or selling my music cause I don't think the production quality is good enough, but do you ever feel frustrated by that or think it's stupid that I care so much? Yeah, we both suck, equally, let's stop sucking together.
No no no no no no no no. There's a HUGE difference.
Your quality doesn't suck. It SOUNDS clear. MINE is fuzzy. There's no doubt, that my songs/covers/vocals sound fuzzy :/

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
No no no no no no no no. There's a HUGE difference.
Your quality doesn't suck. It SOUNDS clear. MINE is fuzzy. There's no doubt, that my songs/covers/vocals sound fuzzy :/
Wrong again mrs!!!! I have clear sounds yes, but they are put together funky, they don't synchronize, and it frustrates and annoys me, in professional recordings everything is clear and big and round and fat, my recordings sound muffled or kind of... like a straight line they're very FLAT. You and I can both sit here and try to debate who's recordings are worse, but at the end of the day the average listener probably thinks we're both stupid and should just get our s**t out there lmao